Ncco new fire codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del-md-pa-nj-scanman

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hello just got back from a very very long vaction,so when i get home i turn the scanner on and the dispatch channel comes up and i here "52 bravo 1" and a 63-delta 2" umm..if its possible can someone provide me with a list please??

ctrabs74

Those don't sound like New Castle County numbers. Those sound like Kent County station numbers. AFA the rest of the identifiers, damned if I knew. I'm just slightly north of where the Delaware TRS loses it's signal...

DELCOLHFC

Map book page and grid.

They are map book locator coordinates.
52 Bravo 1 = page 52 grid "B"-1
Don't know what book they may be using but alot of places just use ADP books like you can buy at a 7-11 (or Wawa). If you have one you can check the book vs dispatch info to see if thats what they are using.
I do monitor DE Fire (when I can hear them, at work in Philly it's hit-or-miss) and I really haven't noticed (of course I don't really 'listen' to dispatches, my ears only perk up when I hear an interesting report...) them using this type of map grid, what agency have you heard it used by? I'll have to actually pay attention today to see if Fireboard uses them.

Del-md-pa-nj-scanman

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Ncco fireboard

Like i said they are used by New Castle County Fireboard and i have noticed something that i have left out before the codes are only with Fire not EMS

thanks

de784

Feed Provider
fire

from what I understand is the countys are starting to use codes instead of descriptions there is a post on this on delawarefirefighter.com. hope this helps

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
Radio Codes

The codes you hear are ones used as a type of automated dispatching system. They are similar to the codes used for EMS Emergency Medical Dispatching, an automated system of determining the resources needed for dispatching.

There has been a lot of controversy with these codes. The codes have confused many volunteers. Instead of saying a "House Trailer Fire", it is now a "Structure Fire, a 69 - Delta - 9". Any type of emergency is now coded along with the severity.

This system will take some time to shake out. Whether it will be a help or not remains to be seen.

A 52 Bravo 1 is a Structure Fire, Residental, Multiple dwelling.

Jeff

DELCOLHFC

DELCOLHFC said:
They are map book locator coordinates.
52 Bravo 1 = page 52 grid "B"-1
Don't know what book they may be using but alot of places just use ADP books like you can buy at a 7-11 (or Wawa). If you have one you can check the book vs dispatch info to see if thats what they are using.
I do monitor DE Fire (when I can hear them, at work in Philly it's hit-or-miss) and I really haven't noticed (of course I don't really 'listen' to dispatches, my ears only perk up when I hear an interesting report...) them using this type of map grid, what agency have you heard it used by? I'll have to actually pay attention today to see if Fireboard uses them.

My bad! Appologies to all, thats what happens when you assume at the end of a long night shift (0548HRS). I will be reading up on the above posted link.
Thank you de784 and jeff302.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
NCC Fire Dispatch Codes

I have a list of the codes and I will put it into an Excel format. It will take a while before I get it done, though.

Jeff

ctrabs74

Jeff302 said:
I have a list of the codes and I will put it into an Excel format. It will take a while before I get it done, though.

Jeff, I figured I'd save you a lot of work in this regards and post the following links...

Found this page on a New Mexico scanner related site. Based on your previous comments earlier in this thread, this appears to be the list that you're referring to. It's called the "Fire Dispatch Priority System" and is explained in the first link:

http://www.abqscan.com/FDPScodes.htm

There's also a similar code listing for EMS dispatching known as the MPDS (Medical Priority Dispatch System), sometimes referred to as the "Clawson Codes." (And, no, I don't know where they came up with the term "Clawson" codes, unless that's the person who created said system.) I don't believe it's used in Delaware, though I think some counties in the New York metro area (Suffolk NY and the MICCOM dispatch consortion in North Jersey)use them:

http://www.abqscan.com/ClawsonCodes.htm

mandlair

hi ctrabs74 do they use them codes in delaware I havent heard them I kent or sussex. atleast not that im aware of but ill keep my ears open. thanks mike

ctrabs74

mandlair said:
hi ctrabs74 do they use them codes in delaware I havent heard them I kent or sussex. atleast not that im aware of but ill keep my ears open. thanks mike

It might just be New Castle County Fireboard using those codes. I think I saw in another forum where Kent County Fireboard had used 10-codes (whether or not that's still the case is unclear), but I've never taken my scanner below the C&D Canal, so I can't speak at all about Kent or Sussex. The searching for these codes was based on the previous statements that were at the start of this thread, and it made specific reference to NCCo, so someone from upstate who monitors the system regularly could answer that better than I can.

saber2k5

In reference to the question regarding the "Clawson codes", they are the result of a program conceived by Dr Jeff Clawson, MD called Emergency Medical Dispatch. It was born in the late 80's. The goal was to send the appropriate level response (ALS/BLS) at the necessary speed (ie, lights/siren OR non emergency), all based on a series of questions that the emergency med dispatcher would ask the caller during the 911 interrogation.

John 'retired' EMD dispatcher in PA

Status
Not open for further replies.