Need help from Oklahomans -- search for P25 sites (WACN: 92715, SysID: 1F9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Folks,

If you have the capability of running DSDPlus or Unitrunker and you live in Oklahoma , I'm asking for your help.

AEP (American Electric Power), aka Public Service Co of Oklahoma in your area, is building out a new P25 Phase II system. They are hot an heavy into the buildout. Users have already confirmed many sites. Also, we have sites for which we suspect the location that need to be confirmed online. And we also suspect there are other sites online in OK as well.

If you are willing and able to do some sleuthing with DSDPlus or Unitrunker and are in Oklahoma, please do the following:

• Check in on the main thread about this system and let us know that you are ready to do some research
  • Take a look at the RRDB Wiki for unconfirmed sites
  • Take a look at this Google Map for confirmed sites, unconfirmed sites, and FCC licensed sites
  • Take a look at the RRDB for confirmed sites

You will specifically be looking for P25 control channels advertising a WACN of 92715 and a System ID of 1F9

NOTE: All discussion about your findings regarding WACN: 92715, System ID: 1F9 should be done in the main thread , not in this thread.

If you can copy any of the confirmed sites, please gather updated information (including peers/neighbors and their associated control channel freqs).
- post your findings to the main thread and submit to the DB

If you can pick up any of the unconfirmed but suspected sites, or any other FCC licensed sites on the map, please gather all relevant information (SysID, Site ID, NAC, all control channels, all peers/neighbors and their associated control channel freqs).
- post your findings to the main thread and submit to the DB

Your help in properly and accurately documenting the buildout of this system is appreciated. If you have any questions, ask in the main thread.

Thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been trying. Been thinking of taking a road trip around eastern OK to capture more sites.

You've been kicking butt. I was posting more to encourage people in the S/W/SW part of the system to do some investigating. Just trying to get the message out to a wider audience :)

m

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I shall try to look into helping with this. I take it DSDPlus/Unitrunker are software programs?

They are. And they pretty much will require you to be using an RTL Dongle as the receiver, although if you have a discriminator-tapped receiver the output from that will work too (at least on DSDPlus).

Personally, for this particular job (sleuthing systems) I feel DSDPlus Fast Lane ($25 one time fee) is the best option. Then, Pro96Com (which only works with certain scanners. Then Unitrunker. But all three work very well.

You don't _have_ to use one of these programs, but if you aren't using one of these programs it is likely that you will never be able to give us all of the information that we would need to add a new site to the DB.

Please do check out links in the first post so that you can see what site locations are licensed that may be near you and view the associated frequencies licensed at those sites.

Mike

air-scan

Wish I could help. I am in OKC. Power grid is operated by OG&E Oklahoma Gas & Electric.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
@mtindor Did you see my last couple posts in the other thread?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
@mtindor Did you see my last couple posts in the other thread?

No, I did not! How did I miss those? I'll check them out now. Thanks

air-scan

Here's the towers on top of a hill by Buffalo Valley not far from Choctaw nation by Highway 1 close to Choctaw Health Center. 150w output up to 600 watts ERP maybe a few miles from Talahina, OK

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-31 060005.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-31 060005.png
    518.5 KB · Views: 9

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Here's the towers on top of a hill by Buffalo Valley not far from Choctaw nation by Highway 1 close to Choctaw Health Center. 150w output up to 600 watts ERP maybe a few miles from Talahina, OK

You'd think that should blanket Talihina pretty good with signal. I did notice that AEP filed a construction extension this week for Microwave that joins Talihina, Hartford (in AR), McAlester, Poteau and Stigler. I the notification mentioned requiring additional time for microwave tasks to three of the sites. So one or more of the sites may be online and may simply be running lower power or something -- and may not be being used for anything but testing right now. Pure speculation on my part.

Mike

air-scan

You'd think that should blanket Talihina pretty good with signal. I did notice that AEP filed a construction extension this week for Microwave that joins Talihina, Hartford (in AR), McAlester, Poteau and Stigler. I the notification mentioned requiring additional time for microwave tasks to three of the sites. So one or more of the sites may be online and may simply be running lower power or something -- and may not be being used for anything but testing right now. Pure speculation on my part.

Mike
It could be a few years before microwave construction is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.