• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Firmware release information

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
minor firmware update coming out soon. No need to run and grab right away (not a GOT TO GET IT)
4.52 for the NX-5000 when it does come out. More when I hear back on what it is. AGAIN not a urgent update.

Contact your dealer for more information.

wd8chl

minor firmware update coming out soon. No need to run and grab right away (not a GOT TO GET IT)
4.52 for the NX-5000 when it does come out. More when I hear back on what it is. AGAIN not a urgent update.

I see 4.52 is up today. Also new f/w for the NX1000 series, D740/840, and Nexedge Gen2 system.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Any idea what changes are in 4.52? I know, I know...they're not typically forthcoming with a change log...

DarcyB

Any idea what changes are in 4.52? I know, I know...they're not typically forthcoming with a change log...

This update only includes some changes to support new LCD parts on the mobile heads likely due to current global supply chain issues.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
NOTICE: NX-3000 SERIES THAT ARE SHIPPING OUT, THE FIRMWARE IS 3.25, WORKS WITH 3.31 FPU.
FW 3.52 IS NOT AVAILABLE / RELEASED AT THIS MOMENT (as of this posting)

ve2mel

NOTICE: KPG-D1 update 4.6 and firmware 4.6 and KPG-D3 update to 3.6 and firmware to 3.6 in Canada.
for KPG-D1:
Added the following new functions.
* DMR Tier III OTAP.
Supported Windows11

Mobile Relay Station Reading Log Data Failure.

and for KPG-D3:
Added the following new functions.
*DMR Tier III OTAP.
Supported Windows11

Log file does not contain FPU data and Tun data.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
KPG-D6 updated to support the nx-1700 / 1800 mobiles.

Contact your local dealer for updated version.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Following items have updates;

LICENSE MANAGEMENT CLIENT (KPT-300LMC), VER 1.30

KAS-20, VER 3.16

NX-1000 DMR, NXDN, VER 2.10,
NX-1000 TYPE D; VERSION T2.10
NX-X00 & NX-X20 MTP VER T5.35
NX-X00 & NXX20 VER 5.35

vtaharborpatrol

Premium Subscriber
I am running KPG-D1N version 4.0 and programming NX5200K3 & 5700 K radios. Do I need to purchase an update? I am programming both public safety channels along with marine band. As a result I have both the wide and narrow band access. What would be the cost and benefit of updating the software?

cinsu

I am running KPG-D1N version 4.0 and programming NX5200K3 & 5700 K radios. Do I need to purchase an update? I am programming both public safety channels along with marine band. As a result I have both the wide and narrow band access. What would be the cost and benefit of updating the software?
Updates don’t need to be purchased, you already have the license to run the software but you do need contact with a dealer for updated software downloads. 4.0 is pretty recent and unless you’re doing DMR trunking I don’t think there have been major updates.

vtaharborpatrol

Premium Subscriber
Updates don’t need to be purchased, you already have the license to run the software but you do need contact with a dealer for updated software downloads. 4.0 is pretty recent and unless you’re doing DMR trunking I don’t think there have been major updates.
Thanks for the quick response and details. My radio vendor closed up shop a couple of years ago so I was kind of in the dark on this recent programming. It looks like I am fine as there are no changes in capabilities needed. Thanks Again!

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber

Version 5 FPU and FW are now out for the 5000 series
Version 4 FPU and FW are now out for the 3000 series.