R75 New Groups.io group

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As most of you know, Yahoogroups closed down their file storage a few months back. Many of these groups abandoned Yahoo and went to groups.io. However the R75 Yahoo group is still there, sans any files they might have had.

There is now a groups.io reflector for the R75 - and this is the kicker - some of the files from the otherwise almost impossible to find Phil's Cookbook are now there. They were sent out originally as attachments found in the World of Radio reflector. I guess you could say that half a loaf is better than none at all. If you have anything to contribute in terms of files, schematics, etc. and especially if you have a complete up to date version of the Cookbook you can put them here once you join. The URL is:

While I can't recommend that folks that have files should abandon the Yahoo group, to me that seems a no-brainer. Oh. and it's free, and I've been on other groups.io reflectors for about 2 years now, and no spam. Period. Enjoy....Mike

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Just joined now.

I believe there is a way for a Yahoo group owner to copy all posted messages to a text file which can then be loaded to a groups.io group.

All the other groups I am a member of have moved to groups.io, and once all the original attached files, pix and the messages file have been uploaded things have been back up and running.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Now the question is did anyone back up those R75 files before Yahoo pulled the files plug?

It's brand new so don't expect many messages there just yet.

And I see someone has put a version of Phil's Cookbook into the files area.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.