New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
While searching I came up with another site (not even 1 bar but enough to decode the site #)

Site 127
770.7187 CC

I'm receiving 770.71875 at full strength from the Tri-States area, so I'm going to assume the transmitter is located in or very near to Sussex County. Unfortunately I don't have a digital scanner so I'm unable to decode anything. I can't confirm if the CC I'm hearing on that frequency is also Site 127.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm also picking up 764.68125 relatively strong from the Tri-States area. Again, not having a digital scanner I'm unable to decode the CC to find the Site ID, but I haven't seen that frequency noted in this thread yet so I figured it was worth mentioning.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I am getting 770.7187 almost full strength in S Sussex County. My guess would probably be Hill 1606 for this one. I am also showing Site 127 for this.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I am getting 770.7187 almost full strength in S Sussex County. My guess would probably be Hill 1606 for this one. I am also showing Site 127 for this.

Sounds right, I'm picking it up from the north and you from the south, both at near full strength.

Can you pick anything up on 764.68125 from down there? I was thinking it was a site to the south, but maybe it's actually a site to the east in Passaic or Morris.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I have tried that as well. I have the system programmed in my scanner and the only thing I am getting is the 770.7187. I only have the cc, not any voice channels as of yet. It is possible that the other one you have mentioned is coming from the Ringwood area. I think that NJSP has a site up that way somewhere.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I agree, I think 764.68125 is coming out of Passaic County.

Does the NJSP still operate a site on High Point? When I'm in the Port Jervis area, I can pick up the 800 MHz system without an antenna, so I'm going to assume they do. I'm wondering if Site 127 is at Hill 1606, or maybe High Point.

dasnps

Premium Subscriber
I believe that they still do have a site up near High Point.

I was guessing Hill 1606 because of signal strength in Newton. I am pretty much getting a full signal on the control channel from here. Hill 1606 was my first guess do to signal strength.

W2SJW

Database Admin
What he meant to post is this (very good info!):

IMAG0176.jpg

GM

Premium Subscriber
As they say in Facebook land, the above photo is a big "Like." :) Now we can match up TG #'s with channel names much quicker, just in time for the Winter season. Besides the NJ DOT, have there been any more agencies/departments that are confirmed going down to 700 MHz?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Looks like they may finally be doing away with the low band radios according to see list. Looks like they thought things out too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KC2TEX

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they may finally be doing away with the low band radios according to see list. Looks like they thought things out too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is correct. The low band radios are no longer monitored, and they are being pulled out, and replaced with the new system.

Last edited:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
New North System (Moderator please)

Can I get some input? Ok to start a new thread for 700MHZ for the North part of the state?

I would like to post about a BIG new system about to go on the air but it is in the North.

Not sure if it belongs here. Moderator please?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Can I get some input? Ok to start a new thread for 700MHZ for the North part of the state?

I would like to post about a BIG new system about to go on the air but it is in the North.

I would say that if it isn't part of this NJ Statewide system, then you should start a new thread as this ONLY discusses the buildout of the new State of New Jersey 700 system. Just my two cents given I started this thread.

BTW, who is getting a new 700 system up north?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The title of this thread should really be changed to NJ Public Safety Interoperability Communications (PSIC) 700 MHz Network and maybe even sticky'd for the next couple of months as the discovery process is still in the early stages. The current thread title is confusing as it references South NJ, when in fact we now know that the system is statewide.

EDIT: I've submitted a post report requesting the title change and sticky.

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

The title of this thread was changed to reflect the fact that this is a statewide system, not just South Jersey.

If you have information about this specific 700 MHz NJPSIC system, then post it here. There is already information in this thread regarding sites in North Jersey. Please keep in mind that this is a single statewide system, similar to the 800 MHz NJSP system, it is not a north/south system.

If you have information on a system unrelated to the NJPSIC system already being discussed in this thread, then start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.