New Jersey Interoperability Communication System (NJICS)

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
I think you’ll see something soon

Well then...lol. But unless a massive policy shift happened in the last month, it will be linked to VHF when something appears. They literally just spent millions on the VHF system for APD.

8000XE

Well then...lol. But unless a massive policy shift happened in the last month, it will be linked to VHF when something appears. They literally just spent millions on the VHF system for APD.
I should state that the term 'soon' should be interpreted loosely. But don't be surprised

rr60

Premium Subscriber
As @W2PSK noted a month ago in the below thread. Site 28 Martinsville has not been broadcasting a band plan. What that means is your G4/G5 will not receive traffic. Both my x36 not working either. I have not tried a manual entry on the x36.
If you’re having troubles with 28 perhaps a clue. I guess ICS subs don’t need a band plan at all.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I guess ICS subs don’t need a band plan at all.
The band plan, aka ASTRO 25 Channel ID table, is already in the codeplug for all subscribers. The IDEN_UP messages that are broadcast over the control channel are, normally, superfluous and not necessary if the subscriber is programmed correctly. In fact, even with a correct band plan being broadcast, if the table in the codeplug is wrong, the subscriber is going to have difficulty correlating channel IDs to frequencies.

tl;dr This is primarily a hobbyist problem, not a real world subscriber issue, albeit Unication pagers may well be in use by public safety users monitoring the system. In that case it's a Unication problem for disallowing a manual band plan to be programmed into their devices.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
I met up with a buddy from the FCC for lunch this afternoon who is in town this week working on an enforcement issue. Accompanying him was his APX Next, which according to him and the display, includes in the codeplug an FCC Enforcement Bureau talkgroup on the NJICS. I didn't press him for details of their NJICS use out of respect and greater interest in catching up than radio.

Just FWIW.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
North Wildwood Fire Boat RID507002 noted InterOps on StateCom2 with State Marine Police on a run. This was carried Statewide. I suspect this will be common this summer. Sounded good.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
S
The fourth Union County simulcast subsite will be located on the property of the Governor Livingston HS in Berkeley Heights. Yes, it's a mere 1.35 miles from the Mountainside subsite, but on the west side of the ridge line that separates them. The process of licensing the subsite has just started.
The proposed new subsite marches forward with a grant of a modification recently. Well done! Surprised Mulenburg Hospital has not been removed after all these years. Yes it is or will be (4) not five.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
S

The proposed new subsite marches forward with a grant of a modification recently. Well done! Surprised Mulenburg Hospital has not been removed after all these years. Yes it is or will be (4) not five.

C'mon. Some things never change. Union County doesn't dispose of any equipment, they just repurpose it for dust collection. The eternal "but what if" scenarios.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
TG 5033 has been like that for a couple weeks. State Cache and Ocean Township
units. As to why or what, I will leave that to you.

Rare chance for you to hear Long Branch in clear! On StateComm 4 on a detail
at the beach. Mode FDMA P25

Last edited:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
From what I “see“ of 5525 we are all on the same page. A little bit of this
and that. Certainly no incidents being run as of yet. It is clear it is
a township TG but beyond that there is just not enough to know with certainty.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Springfield Fire (Union County) appears to have changes.

4927 Ops 1 seems to have changed. UC FG 9 TG 4635 is in use now.

Holding off on DB, seeing what develops over time. This may have something to do with Mountain Valley Communication's Center. Perhaps 4635 is now Summit Millburn Springfield?

Last edited:

rr60

Premium Subscriber
Site 7 Union County is carrying this and it is burning it up, Sitting regularly at the top of the hit list. Fuzzy memory says nothing was being added due to talk-path capacity. Perhaps a temporary test.
Additional capacity has arrived at Site 7. (4) new channels being seen. I wonder if the label makers have left another note on white electrical tape.🤷🏻‍♂️ db sub made. What to do? Nothing, your radio will take care of this. Not control channel related.