• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

    Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

    If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

    To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

    The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

    For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

    This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New President Randy FCC handheld/mobile CB


Premium Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Southeastern Michigan
Anyone know what type of external mic works with it? I didn't see any mention on the site, or the manual on the site.
I believe the Randy FCC has jacks that are "Kenwood" K1 style. Bell's CB (dot com) lists as an add-on option a custom special HT wired version of an Astatic Road Dog mic (powered). From the pictures it looks like he converts the mic cable into a 3.5mm jack (which can be further reduced to 2.5mm with an adapter for radios that may have that size mic input).

I looked at the large retail website, and someone said they used a RS mic, which uses the Icom pinout.

You would think that President would offer a mic as an accessory, or at least give the pinout. (I can understand not mentioning another company.)