New sdr# plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

Got a usb rtl sdr. Used sdr# and virtual audio cable piped to dsd plus..it was working years ago. Now dsd just shows the nac, all audio is garbled.tried changing the levels in sdr, vac, windows audio control panel. Strong signals. Filter audio in sdr# is unchecked and frequency correction is correct

Been using a plugin called Fms frequency manager to scan many frequencies like a scanner

So i tried a new sdr# plugin called simple apco. Works great, dont need dsd. just one problem, when fms frequency manager is scanning it keeps the squelch unchecked so i hear noise like an open squelch on a scanner. Simple apco is only useful so far when listening to just one frequency.

If anyone knows of a solution to this it would be appreciated

VladeDoddy

I've found that the scanner that comes with FMS isn't very good. The "Frequency Scanner" that you can find at this link works much better in my opinion: SDR# - SDR# Plug-in: Frequency Scanner updated | Page 21 | RadioReference.com Forums Scroll down the page until you find a post by thewraith2008 and his signature will have a link to the latest version of it (2.2.7.0). I tried it with Simple APCO and it works. I think it works best if you turn off SDR#'s squelch and use the audio mute feature inside the frequency manager plugin. It disables SDR#'s audio when scanning and unmutes it when it stops on a transmission. That way you don't hear any open squelch noise while scanning. I did find however that there's usually a short burst of digital chirp when it stops on a P25 signal before the Simple APCO plugin starts to decode it.

bailly2

@VladeDoddy. Thanks very much for your help. Looked in fms frequency manager preferences and found mute audio while scanning. Used that and still heard open squelch clicking so i turned up the mininum signal strength and it works great. Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.