SDS100/SDS200: New SDS Firmware (2023)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I meant for the encoders in general. They suck. I had volume replaced under warranty and it feels messed up, again.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I checked ProScan's website this morning and Bob has a holiday message up, so it would likely be a while before he worked on adding the feature if it is able to be done. At least with the SDS200 I would think that it might work well given the LAN connection. That would be a great addition.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
I am having a problem with installing sentinel software. When I try to install I get error code 2503 from Microsoft.
I did set my security to read and write as administrator, still it does not work. Anyone have or fixed this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Rob

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
I noticed after I upgraded there is a "Upgrade Required". What is up with this? That is on the waterfall screen. Every time I program to a different center frequency it says out of range, as well. Again, what is up with this?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I noticed after I upgraded there is a "Upgrade Required". What is up with this? That is on the waterfall screen. Every time I program to a different center frequency it says out of range, as well. Again, what is up with this?
Did you miss this.....

lkas

Premium Subscriber
u have to pay uniden $20 to use the waterfall feature

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
Would be nice if Uniden had sorted the non US issued credit card issue after all these years.

I'm an Australian user (early adopter of the units) of US market scanners and still can't make a bloody purchase through my.uniden.com due to the above issue. Rather frustrating.

Last edited:

Ubbe

Would be nice if Uniden had sorted the non US issued credit card issue after all these years.
It was actually working to select foreign US military forces, the way I did to purchase DMR, but then a year or two ago they changed it so only US issued credit cards could be used.

/Ubbe

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
u have to pay uniden $20 to use the waterfall feature
$20 and another few years until update or discontinuation and, a feature that comes with sdr’s for $100 or less.

Last edited:

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
$20 and another few years until update or discontinuation and, a feature that comes with sdr’s for $100 or less.
I think $20 for what is a pretty good addition of a multi MHz spectrum display is MORE than reasonable. And here's the kicker...all of the available upgrades for these scanners are an OPTION. If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. I'm happy to see them back to updating firmware and providing these options. If they weren't doing it, plenty of people would be griping about that, and have.

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
I think $20 for what is a pretty good addition of a multi MHz spectrum display is MORE than reasonable. And here's the kicker...all of the available upgrades for these scanners are an OPTION. If you don't want 'em, don't buy 'em. I'm happy to see them back to updating firmware and providing these options. If they weren't doing it, plenty of people would be griping about that, and have.
I am so sorry. Accept my apologies. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

Ubbe

You can now adjust for different gains in the waterfall mode but you can not use that evaluation in normal scan mode. You can not try different filters and IFX in waterfall to see what gives the best effect and reception so you could use that in normal scan mode. I don't really know what use you have of the waterfall except as a fun novelty. But you can skip one visit to the cinema to finance that $20 cost just to have something new to toy with.

/Ubbe

BrianLoch

Premium Subscriber
You can now adjust for different gains in the waterfall mode but you can not use that evaluation in normal scan mode. You can not try different filters and IFX in waterfall to see what gives the best effect and reception so you could use that in normal scan mode. I don't really know what use you have of the waterfall except as a fun novelty. But you can skip one visit to the cinema to finance that $20 cost just to have something new to toy with.

/Ubbe
But…. $20 is $20 or an 1/8 tank of gas in this economy, lol.

donc13

Premium Subscriber
Hello, Is there a way to revert back to the older firmware? I updated and my SDS200 no longer receives anything. before update it was very active.
What @buddrousa said plus, you should wait for at least 30 seconds after Sentinel tells you to cycle power on the radio to prevent delayed write errors to the SD card.

Also you should read from the radio before you load firmware, that way you can recover from SD-card issues.

Soundman

I updated my sds100 and it sucks. The reception sucks now. Is there a way I can fix this problem.