TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

FLOEM

Complete error message on last:

File "<string>", line 606, in mail
File "smtplib.py", line 724, in sendmail
SMTPSenderRefused: (501, '5.5.2 MAIL FROM syntax error', '4sure')

pete7919

After working flawlessly for months I cannot get the debug version to run at all. It opens the debug window but hangs there with a blinking cursor. It doesn't write a logfile. The non-debug version loads and works fine.

I'm using Windows 10 and haven't changed my config.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
My TTD stopped working 4 days ago. I decided to update to v68 to see if that would help. No change. TTD seems to be operating normally. It is picking up audio and decoding the proper tones. It looks like it is even accessing the appropriate Gmail account. Emails are showing up in the Sent Folder however they are not making it to their destination.

Any thoughts?

DC31

Feed Provider
My TTD stopped working 4 days ago. I decided to update to v68 to see if that would help. No change. TTD seems to be operating normally. It is picking up audio and decoding the proper tones. It looks like it is even accessing the appropriate Gmail account. Emails are showing up in the Sent Folder however they are not making it to their destination.

Any thoughts?

If they are showing in the Sent Items folder, then TTD is sending the emails. It is on the email delivery end. It sounds like maybe you have been tagged as spammer. Check your spam folders, etc.

Try sending from a different email account

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
TDD was doing its job. It appears that my IP address had been Blacklisted by the vendor that Verizon uses to monitor spam. After some testing I was able to determine that if sending emails from another computer on a different network they would go through fine and all emails were going through to all the other service providers. I was able to search my IP address at Blacklist Check to see which spam service I needed to follow up with. Issue was resolved very quickly after contacting them. Thanks!!

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Well I had things up and working for a little bit. Now for the past couple days they are down again. However it does appear the TTD is doing its job.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Is anyone else having issues with BCC messaging to multiple Verizon MMS addresses? I just got off the phone with Verizon Tech Support and it wasn't any help!!

LTFPD

For the last several weeks I too was having difficulty with MMS delivery by Verizon and US Cellular; this after a couple of years of trouble free performance. Nothing had changed at all in my set up.

I am using a Gmail account and sending out MMS via BCC to about 30 members of our fire department. I could see the emails in Gmail’s Sent folder, yet they were not arriving on the cell phones, or, sometimes they would arrive after a lengthy delay.

After struggling on my own I contacted Andy directly via email. He was most helpful in helping me confirm TTD was working appropriately; we agreed that I should try a Yahoo email. Tried it and it did not work at all – no delivery of MMS at all.

A few days ago I saw a your post number 3066. After reading the post I checked my IP address at Blacklist Check to see if a spam service had it Blacklisted. Turns out it was by several services.

My solution was to get new IP address from my ISP. My service, Charter, dynamically assigns IP addresses; their tech support says numbers are tough to change, even if they reprovision the modem. Tech support suggested I swap out my modem with a replacement from Charter. However, after a little tinkering I realized that a new IP address could be forced by changing my router MAC address (using DD-WRT which allows for MAC Address cloning) and rebooting the cable modem.

After getting a new IP address from the ISP I rechecked for blacklisting and none was found. For the last 3 days all MMS are being promptly transmitted and received by all 30+ members.

I hope this helps others who are having similar difficulties.

(Andy – thank you for a great program!)

Bruce

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
For the last several weeks I too was having difficulty with MMS delivery by Verizon and US Cellular; this after a couple of years of trouble free performance. Nothing had changed at all in my set up.

I am using a Gmail account and sending out MMS via BCC to about 30 members of our fire department. I could see the emails in Gmail’s Sent folder, yet they were not arriving on the cell phones, or, sometimes they would arrive after a lengthy delay.

After struggling on my own I contacted Andy directly via email. He was most helpful in helping me confirm TTD was working appropriately; we agreed that I should try a Yahoo email. Tried it and it did not work at all – no delivery of MMS at all.

A few days ago I saw a your post number 3066. After reading the post I checked my IP address at Blacklist Check to see if a spam service had it Blacklisted. Turns out it was by several services.

My solution was to get new IP address from my ISP. My service, Charter, dynamically assigns IP addresses; their tech support says numbers are tough to change, even if they reprovision the modem. Tech support suggested I swap out my modem with a replacement from Charter. However, after a little tinkering I realized that a new IP address could be forced by changing my router MAC address (using DD-WRT which allows for MAC Address cloning) and rebooting the cable modem.

After getting a new IP address from the ISP I rechecked for blacklisting and none was found. For the last 3 days all MMS are being promptly transmitted and received by all 30+ members.

I hope this helps others who are having similar difficulties.

(Andy – thank you for a great program!)

Bruce

Thanks Bruce!!

I will keep this in mind. So far I think I have been able to resolve most of my issues by removing the "Reply To Address" from the emails sent from my Gmail email account. Once I removed the reply to address (which as different from the sending email address) things seemed to rapidly resolve. I have had things up and running for at least 24hrs now with no problems.

Thanks again, Brandon

MikeOrlando02

System/Software Monitoring

Does anyone have any suggestions for remotely monitoring a system running TTD or the software itself? It would be great to find a way to get an alert if the computer of the software was not responding. Of course, looking for a no-cost/low-cost option. The redundancy feature of TTD is really great, but I do not have another setup at another location.

We hose our tones file with TTD's web site. One option I thought of was to write a Cron script on our web server to monitor the last time the remotely hosted tones file was accessed. (eg. if it wasn't accessed within the appropriate period of time either the software, computer or both are not working). I could likely accomplish this if I hosed the files on our own web server, but since we remotely host that doesn't look like it would work easily.

Any suggestions? Another option I thought of was to write a script for the post-email command to upload a log entry or use the existing redundancy feature to upload notification of the page; however would need the ability to monitor that file and of course, if pages are not frequently received this isn't really the best way to monitor the up-time of the system.

Would appreciate anyone's feedback.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
I use TeamViewer to remotely monitor my TTD system. I have TTD and 2 RR Feeds running on a laptop in the basement. Team Viewer works great for remote access and they even have phone apps so you can access it while your on the move if needed.

MikeOrlando02

Not a bad idea. I am hoping to find something that would notify me if the system hasn't checked in within a period of time... be alerted to a potential issue before a page was missed.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I run multiple virtual machines on an ESXi host including a Nagios VM which monitors my other VM's and applications. Should I lose internet I get notified from Radioreference that my feed is down.

DC31

Feed Provider
Does anyone have any suggestions for remotely monitoring a system running TTD or the software itself? It would be great to find a way to get an alert if the computer of the software was not responding. Of course, looking for a no-cost/low-cost option. The redundancy feature of TTD is really great, but I do not have another setup at another location.

We hose our tones file with TTD's web site. One option I thought of was to write a Cron script on our web server to monitor the last time the remotely hosted tones file was accessed. (eg. if it wasn't accessed within the appropriate period of time either the software, computer or both are not working). I could likely accomplish this if I hosed the files on our own web server, but since we remotely host that doesn't look like it would work easily.

Any suggestions? Another option I thought of was to write a script for the post-email command to upload a log entry or use the existing redundancy feature to upload notification of the page; however would need the ability to monitor that file and of course, if pages are not frequently received this isn't really the best way to monitor the up-time of the system.

Would appreciate anyone's feedback.

Without another setup at another location, it is going to be tough. Having a computer monitor itself is prone to failure from a power failure, system lockup or something similar. The vast majority of my failures are due to the isp being down. A remote unit covers these situations. I have used the redundant feature very successfully. Your remote unit could be a raspberry pi setup fairly inexpensive and non-intrusive. But you would still need the audio source, etc

MikeOrlando02

Without another setup at another location, it is going to be tough. Having a computer monitor itself is prone to failure from a power failure, system lockup or something similar. The vast majority of my failures are due to the isp being down. A remote unit covers these situations. I have used the redundant feature very successfully. Your remote unit could be a raspberry pi setup fairly inexpensive and non-intrusive. But you would still need the audio source, etc

I hadn't thought about the PI option, would have to find another radio. Once complication is that we have fire and EMS on different frequencies so we already have two audio sources.

KC1IMD

Feed Provider
I use the Windows task manager and run a task that sends an email when the PC is restarted. I know when it is shut down because broadcastify notifies us when the feed goes down

MikeOrlando02

TTD Monitor Script

I created the attached batch file script to monitor the TTD application running on a Windows PC. I added the batch file to Windows Scheduler to run hourly to monitor the application.

This script will check to see if TTD is running and if it is checks that it is not responding. If the TTD application is not running or unresponsive it attempts to start TTD. If the script is unable to load TTD it restarts the computer, presuming that you have TTD set to start when Windows loads.

I hope to build on this so if you have an FTP server the script can upload a log file showing if TTD was running on last check or not. That will be phase II of the project.

Just change the file type to .bat and place it in the same folder as TTD. Make sure appName is set to the exact name of the TTD EXE version you are running.

Hope this helps someone

Attachments

• ttdmon.txt
    1 KB · Views: 555

10-75

Feed Provider
Mike, thanks for taking the time to do this..... I have been looking for a way to accomplish this although I was hoping for something real-time such as a watchdog.... But this will work... Thanks again!