TwoToneDetect New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
@Moshe130 @cpg178 v73g was released back in January and is available to download through IaR for personal use at no cost.

Mark181

Feed Provider
@Moshe130 @cpg178 v73g was released back in January and is available to download through IaR for personal use at no cost.

Yeah my bad. I just realized forgot to change the URL from F to G. I copied it from an old email.

Mark181

Feed Provider
I am using TTD with port forarding thats being hosted on a different network. I am trying to upload a different tones.cfg file from my computer using Open Tones File, but its not opening up. Is this a bug? or im not doing it correctly?
1618950513768.png

cpg178

I am using TTD with port forarding thats being hosted on a different network. I am trying to upload a different tones.cfg file from my computer using Open Tones File, but its not opening up. Is this a bug? or im not doing it correctly?
View attachment 102602
If you are not concerned about losing your current tone config, take a USB drive with your new tones.cfg and just drag and drop. I haven't tried messing with TTD GUI remotely, have always remoted into the PC to do it.

Mark181

Feed Provider
There's nothing on that config file, so I don't care about losing it. And also I don't have access too the computer (that's the issue). So I have to wait for somone else to drag and drop the the new file. He said he would do it 3 days ago 🙄

WebsterEMA

Could anyone point me towards a manual, tutorial, or post regarding setting up the redundant feature in TTD? I was told in another post you could have versions running on 2 different machines, and if the main went down, the redundant would notice and send out the pages instead.

DC31

Feed Provider
start with page 19 in the TTD manual (attached). Ask if you need help, the setup of the web server can be challenging.

Attachments

• TwoToneDetect_Setup_Guide_9-23-2020.pdf
    692.2 KB · Views: 38

Andy2712

Feed Provider
I just got a Raspberry Pi 4 that I set up my Broadcastify feed on. I'm now trying to get TTD to work on it and I'm having no success. I've tried downloading the 73g version and copying it to the Pi and that didn't work. I've tried following the directions in the manual to the letter and that's not working at all. I can't even get 73g to load. I did finally get 73f to load but I can't figure out how to configure the audio.

I'm brand new to Pi's and I'm not very good with Terminal stuff. I've tried using the Pulse audio GUI and TTD GUI's and nothing is making sense. Is there someone out there that might be able to help me through this. I'm generally pretty tech savy and enjoy figuring this stuff out, but I'm at a loss right now. Thanks!

I'm using the Sabrenet USB audio adapter to feed the scanner audio in and was wanting to use the same audio to feed the TTD for myself.

cpg178

I just got a Raspberry Pi 4 that I set up my Broadcastify feed on. I'm now trying to get TTD to work on it and I'm having no success. I've tried downloading the 73g version and copying it to the Pi and that didn't work. I've tried following the directions in the manual to the letter and that's not working at all. I can't even get 73g to load. I did finally get 73f to load but I can't figure out how to configure the audio.

I'm brand new to Pi's and I'm not very good with Terminal stuff. I've tried using the Pulse audio GUI and TTD GUI's and nothing is making sense. Is there someone out there that might be able to help me through this. I'm generally pretty tech savy and enjoy figuring this stuff out, but I'm at a loss right now. Thanks!

I'm using the Sabrenet USB audio adapter to feed the scanner audio in and was wanting to use the same audio to feed the TTD for myself.
on the TTD main page, you should select the sabrent microphone as your input, and do the same for the scanner

DC31

Feed Provider
SFTP is big when the web host for your files prohibits ftp uploads. I need it for both the audio file uploads and for the redundancy feature. My pi uses rsa keys to secure the connection...

merlin

Two Tone is as old as Marconi and so simple, a little logic can decode it. It is nice to see some software that deals with the decoded block.
Maybe consider 5/6 tone like GE-Star or MDC.

WebsterEMA

Howdy. I'm working on setting up TTD with redundancy. Below is the redundant.cfg information. It doesn't seem to be working, so I'm wondering what I'd done wrong. The FTP is a network storage device with FTP enabled. I can connect to it via Windows Explorer and FileZilla. I'm wondering if the problem is something with how the NAS handles FTP, or the fact it's on a folder, rather in the root of the FTP.

[REDUNDANT]
file_access = ftp
tone_tracking_file = CommonToneLogFile.txt
redundant_delay = 30
redundant_instance_alias = Backup on Rocky's
ftp_server = 192.168.10.5/emspager
ftp_port = 21
ftp_username = xxx
ftp_password = xxx
TTD_tracking_file = CommonStatusFile.txt
redundant_down_alert_time = 400
redundant_admin_email = xxx

DC31

Feed Provider
You should be seeing some sort of error message on startup.

look at the beginning of your logfile. Here is what a successful start looks like:

FFMPEG FOUND
pulse selected as audio input device
pulse selected as audio output device
successfully created redundant/PO_StatusFile.txt on ftp.webhost.net
successfully cleared redundant/PO_ToneLogFile.txt on ftp.webhost.net

Last edited:

WebsterEMA

Turned out to be an issue with the radio, not the program or even my computer for once. I have mysterious static zones in my office I wasn't aware of, and it was in one of those. So it didn't trigger the program.

On a different system, a Raspberry Pi I'm trying to get to work, I've got it up and running, and it recognized the tones. But it didn't send the page. I found this section in the Log, and was wondering if the FileNotFoundError could be the problem, and if so how I fix it.

I'm not sure if it matters, but TTD is installed in /home/pi/TTD and in it's audio folder there IS the expected audio file.

Waiting for Silence Webster County EMS 12:44:38 on 05/03/21
Done recording Webster County EMS 12:44:41 on 05/03/21
./audio/Webster_County_EMS_2021_05_03_12_44_23.wav
done writing WAV Webster County EMS 12:44:41 on 05/03/21
done converting to MP3 Webster County EMS 12:44:42 on 05/03/21
done converting to AMR Webster County EMS 12:44:42 on 05/03/21
2021-05-03 00:00:00
2021-05-03 00:00:00
2021-05-03 12:44:42.526186
entry
['Tone1', 'Webster County EMS', 1620063863.4330165, 0]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "TwoToneDetect73g.py", line 1400, in mail
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Webster_County_EMS_2021_05_03_12_44_23.amr'
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 1 trying again in five seconds for Webster County EMS Page Received at 12:44:23 on 05/03/21
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './audio/Webster_County_EMS_2021_05_03_12_44_23.amr'
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 2 trying again in five seconds for Webster County EMS Page Received at 12:44:23 on 05/03/21
{0: 'bcm2835 HDMI 1: - (hw:0,0)', 1: 'bcm2835 Headphones: - (hw:1,0)', 2: 'USB Audio Device: - (hw:2,0)', 3: 'sysdefault', 4: 'lavrate', 5: 'samplerate', 6: 'speexrate', 7: 'pulse', 8: 'upmix', 9: 'vdownmix', 10: 'dmix', 11: 'default'}
pulse
{0: 'bcm2835 HDMI 1: - (hw:0,0)', 1: 'bcm2835 Headphones: - (hw:1,0)', 2: 'USB Audio Device: - (hw:2,0)', 3: 'sysdefault', 4: 'lavrate', 5: 'samplerate', 6: 'speexrate', 7: 'pulse', 8: 'upmix', 9: 'vdownmix', 10: 'dmix', 11: 'default'}
pulse
Email not sent via smtp.gmail.com on port 587 using STARTTLS on attempt 3 trying again in five seconds for Webster County EMS Page Received at 12:44:23 on 05/03/21
window closed or reloaded,checking for exit criteria in 2 seconds
max retries exceeded, failed to send email
RETURNING AND REMOVING STUFF HERE
[]
window closed or reloaded,checking for exit criteria in 2 seconds
[('index.html', <geventwebsocket.websocket.WebSocket object at 0xaafe8b58>)]
[('index.html', <geventwebsocket.websocket.WebSocket object at 0xaafe8b58>)]
Adding Webster County EMS back to detection list after 60.0 second delay

xicarusx

Feed Provider
That is exactly why it won’t send. the log shows it not being able to find the folder audio inside of /home/pi/TTD

it should exist here
/home/pi/TTD/audio

I'm not sure if it matters, but TTD is installed in /home/pi/TTD and in it's audio folder there IS the expected audio file.