ProScan: No scanner display while viewing from Computer over WAN

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Here's my issue. I setup the Web Server for my 536HP to be viewed/controlled/audio from anywhere. While it does work perfectly from within my LAN and from viewing/controlling/listening over my cell phone. But when I use my phone as a HOTSPOT and try to do the same controls with my laptop (using phone's hotspot) all I can do is listen. I cannot see the scanner display so - no controls. What am I missing here? I've got port forwarding setup on my AT&T Fiber Optic Modem/Router. Would greatly appreciate a little help.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Does the web server page load at all when connected to your phone's hotspot? Do you have any third party firewall software enabled? If so you'll need to allow the Proscan app to communicate through the firewall (consult firewall documentation if unsure how to do this)

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
It does connect and allows audio, but the scanner panel never shows up at all. Windows defender is the only firewall/security installed other than the firewall on the router which I explained the settings above.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it is visible on the Server computer. I can see it and control it if I am just on the cell phone. All I can do is listen over a computer, even when using the Cell Phone as a Hot Spot

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
I did log in. I put in my PIN that I created and when I click on LOG IN, nothing happens.

Fixitt

Retired ASE CMAT L1 MRRT
Premium Subscriber
If you were logged in, you would see a message similar to this

Recheck your password.

Attachments

• DDC2178C-80F9-487E-AC8B-76E675AB19BA.jpeg
    DDC2178C-80F9-487E-AC8B-76E675AB19BA.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 12

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Through certain devices, though I had logged in I've had to refresh the browser to get it to acknowledge the logged in session. Though in my case I don't need to be logged in for my 536HP interface to show up in the browser. To control it, yes
1677520148021.png

belvdr

No longer interested in living
To ensure your ISP is not impacting this in some way, and I can't imagine it is, does this work over the LAN?

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I see you answered this already. If the same system can access the scanner on the LAN, but not over the Internet, you are experiencing an issue with either your hotspot, your ISP, or your router firewalling off something that it shouldn't. Make sure you are doing all tests from one system and one browser.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
I have tried it from 2 different systems with the same results. Like I said earlier. It's perfect just doing it on the cell phone.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
I forgot to mention that it is VERY slow to load. I'm on Fiber so I would expect the load to be much faster.

I did try using Microsoft EDGE with the same outcome.

This is a screenshot of EDGE after loading and Password.

1677521775832.png

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have tried it from 2 different systems with the same results. Like I said earlier. It's perfect just doing it on the cell phone.
Just to be clear, using only your cell phone... are you able to connect with and control your scanner with your cell phone when you are out of range of your home WiFi and the phone is connected to your cellular service provider?

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. It's working now. I ain't got a clue what happened. But it is WORKING. Now I'm bumfuzzled.

Yes, WIFI was disabled. The only thing I did differently was removed all passwords.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
OK. I double checked and when I thought I had WIFI off on the phone, it was actually ON. I speculate that was the issue.