Northern Kentucky Regional Communications System (NKYRCS)

Remington12G

GØT AES?
TG 30029 - Active Law Enforcement operations, ATL for a vehicle in the buttermilk area (Crescent Springs).

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Also last night, North Disp (30004) someone breathing over and over into mic, another person responded with I hear you multiple times. No RID's to share

Remington12G

GØT AES?
TG 30004 - Kenton North Dispatch, Dispatcher and Unit talking back and fourth. Activty today

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Boone Co will finish testing on Monday and go live on Tuesday of next week.

The following week will be the same show for Kenton Co.

The week after that will be repeat for Campbell Co law units.

Lots of testing continues, the system was very active today on varying talkgroups. Its about to get exciting.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Sounds Good. Obviously some talk groups are in and once I confirm the rest via monitoring and through a friend of mine as well as a source, I will submit them based off the PDF file. If any changes arise in the current talk groups for any counties simply just submit the correct information. We are all human and make mistakes.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Boone Co LE units are now live. Sounds good and I haven't heard any issues as of yet.

Boone Co Fire units will go live tomorrow morning. Kenton Co to follow along the same timeline next week.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Just a few observations I have made so far.

The system sounds very good!

I am seeing some FD talkgroups in FDMA mode, this effectively cuts the traffic channel in half and they don't have a large number of traffic channels to begin with. Not sure if this is because someone has a Phase I radio affiliated with the system (I thought they said this wasn't going to be allowed) or if this is being done intentionally, possibly for fire ground audio quality reasons?

I am seeing a lot of talkgroups that are crossing (roaming) the sites. This will be interesting to track as more users join the system to see how this effects site loading, particularly for Kenton County being in the middle. In TDMA mode they only have 10 traffic channels per site so if they have a lot of talkgroups talking on all of the site at the same time this could be an issue. Add in a FDMA talkgroup or two and it could be a major issue.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Just a few observations I have made so far.

The system sounds very good!

I am seeing some FD talkgroups in FDMA mode, this effectively cuts the traffic channel in half and they don't have a large number of traffic channels to begin with. Not sure if this is because someone has a Phase I radio affiliated with the system (I thought they said this wasn't going to be allowed) or if this is being done intentionally, possibly for fire ground audio quality reasons?

I am seeing a lot of talkgroups that are crossing (roaming) the sites. This will be interesting to track as more users join the system to see how this effects site loading, particularly for Kenton County being in the middle. In TDMA mode they only have 10 traffic channels per site so if they have a lot of talkgroups talking on all of the site at the same time this could be an issue. Add in a FDMA talkgroup or two and it could be a major issue.
Does Boone County have the Dearborn Indiana site to use aswell?

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I was told that main dispatch and fireground talkgroups will roam across all sites, however individual dept and off talkgroups will be confined to within their respective county. This doesn't work well for my dept as I am a Kenton Co dept that will primarily connect to a Boone Co tower, cutting the use of our dept talkgroup down significantly.

There is a meeting tomorrow, Ill try to find out some more details regarding the FDMA - TDMA. A while ago I asked about only having those 5 frequencies licensed for each county and was told that they can easily add more if needed.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
They have been doing a roll call with the Boone County FD radios and have discovered that several radios are not programmed correctly. Some radios have the wrong radio ID's in them and others have the wrong talkgroup ID's in them. So we will see how quickly they can get this fixed but it's possible the FD transition may be delayed.