• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 DMR Tier III Trunked Radio Talk Group Scanning Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakers900

Premium Subscriber
I am in the process of deploying a public safety DMR Tier III Trunked Simulcast System. I have nearly a million dollars worth of NX5000 subscriber equipment sitting in my shop that I am not ready to deploy because Kenwood has yet to enable the ability to select a priority talk group during talk group scanning.

Maybe I am missing something in the codeplug config but If seems Kenwood doesn’t allow this. If that’s the case and they don’t plan to fix it, then I am likely going to look at other solutions and send Kenwood's equipment back to them.
Our first responders do find scanning the other public safety agency’s operations within the county beneficial. (All with be on the trunked system).

If I am missing something in the codeplug configuration, I would appreciate some help from the group. I really like the 5000 series radios and believe they perform well. The audio and operation in DMR trunked mode is really good.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I have submitted a field problem report to my technical group to pass this up the line for an answer.
I know Kenwood watches every post I make here, so don't be surprised with requests from a few wanting more information.

I followed chain of command to get this to the higher up persons, so this can be addressed and a answer back as to you concern.

I tried it with my radios that have T3 Trunking installed and get the same result on the 5300. I am going to try my 3300 as that has
T3 Trunking installed also.

Right now, I have no work around, as multiple personalities (pers mode) or systems (table mode), I am unable to select System 1 (t3 dmr)
the scan list only allows me to select conventional zones and channels.

WHAT I HAVE FOUND, you can take the revert channel and test that with the the scan.
Choices are;
Last Called + Selected
Selected
Selected + Talk Back

Operator selectable scan may have to be something to work on paper and then bench testing it, but I hear what you're saying, and right now,
this sounds like P25 wants, that is not available to DMR Trunking.

More to follow, and if i hear back from long beach.

Last edited:

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
NX-3000 Results
Same as I posted above. The Priority Setting does not allow my to set a specific TG/Channel for Priority within DMR Trunking.
ETSI (DMR FORUMS) search for this turns up nothing for me.

I will wait for a detailed reply and let you know.

cakers900

Premium Subscriber
Kd4efm,
I appreciate it for sure, we have a tremendous investment in this Kenwood equipment and this issue is all that is holding me up from deploying at this time. As I mentioned, the 5000 series performs flawlessly when testing the new system but this priority snafu is going to cause a lot of grief if I deploy now. Not to mention if Kenwood does fix it in a firmware/software update, then my radio techs will have to touch nearly 500 pieces of subscriber equipment in the field.
Thanks again for your help.
-Chris K4DFD

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Chris, I have some information to pass along to you via email. I am restricted on what to say, this has to be done via email.

All others watching this thread. Information will be released when it is allowed. If this is a DIRE NEED, please contact me directly and I will
do my best to get you in touch with the correct people.

Thread end.

EFM

Status
Not open for further replies.