OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Lee County changing...

Changes for the upgrade to MSWIN accepted in FCC data... No changes yet... but its officially happening.

KE5TLF

Mississippi County Adopts Multivendor Approach (8/5/14)

...and now for some evidence competition IS, at least somewhat, alive and well..

Mississippi County Adopts Multivendor Approach (8/5/14)
Tait Communications and Avtec each provided products for the Mississippi Wireless Integrated Network (MSWIN) system in Panola County.

Tait delivered 400 Project 25 (P25) 9400 terminals and mobiles, and Avtec provided its Scout dispatch consoles for the P25 700/800 MHz trunked system that provides communications for 27 agencies statewide, including 14 fire stations and five police departments under Panola County dispatch.

“Initially, the project to upgrade to the statewide system was priced at $1.6 million but we chose to go to market for the radios and dispatch consoles and Tait was able to deliver a solution that met all our requirements and saved us in the neighborhood of $900,000,” Cole said.

Last edited:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Very cool, Tait makes some pretty good radios.... Though more famous for their LTR gear.. I have heard good comments about the P25's.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
From the last MWCC minutes... Rankin coming on the MSWIN.... Parchmann site happening and Camp Shelby sites... SO expecting MDOC to move before long. Gonna be a lot of growth over next year.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Anyone heard if they are going to make the Rankin system into an MSWIN simulcast, or make them individual sites?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
After getting pointed in right direction... City of Madison site upgrading to Phase 2 capable, and the Rankin County system will become a full MSWIN simulcast site.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Madison is Madison County.. You know where Rankin County is.... The Madison County sites used to be the City of Madison TRS, and the Madison County Sites of the Central MS Regional TRS (AKA the Hinds County TRS, which is just Hinds again now.... if I remember, they no longer have the Madison sites linked as they are MSWIN now.) And Mississippi County is AR.. its AWIN.

KE5TLF

Umm, don't think so. More like the City of Madison system will be going away. It was moved to the Lake Cavalier MSWIN tower back in 2012.

ULS Application - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Trunked - 0005169445 - MADISON, CITY OF - Transaction Log
04/18/2012 Location 2:Tower registration number changed 1274938
04/18/2012 Location 2:Location address changed 444 SOCIETY RIDGE ROAD

ASR Registration 1274938
Address 444 Society Ridge Road (MS15795-A)

WNQL558 (MADISON, CITY OF) FCC Callsign Details
WQPI452 (MISSISSIPPI, STATE OF - WIRELESS COMMUNICATION COMMISSION) FCC Callsign Details

So it appears Madison will just be getting new P2 radios and going fully MSWIN on 700 MHz.

KE5TLF

mmmmkay. Singing River Power is testing on TG 21. Started hearing actual coverage testing, nearly approaching the level of coverage testing done by the system techs, roughly 6-8 weeks ago. First by a pair of guys riding all over George County, then later all over Jackson County, but had no clue who it was. Now today at least a couple are using it for their normal, daily routine. (cutouts, collections, etc.) VHF is still being used by the majority though. From what I've heard they seemed to be quite pleased so far. Even heard some comments of MSWIN working better in some of the trouble spots they have with the VHF and overall positive comments as well.

bee

Does anyone think the new HP2 will have any improvement, on the bass-garbled -underwater effect, that the 536 has on MSWIN?

bama9999

Does anyone think the new HP2 will have any improvement, on the bass-garbled -underwater effect, that the 536 has on MSWIN?

Not sure why you're having that much trouble, Bee. My 536 is fine on phase 2 reception on MSWIN, except for just certain radios, which do have more bass than the others. The only garbled/underwater sounding transmissions I've encountered were when I found a new TG that was encrypted and hadn't been marked in the database as such yet.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Rids/UIDs Needed

Ok, I know I have asked this before, I am still looking any MSWIN Subscriber (RID/UID) IDs for the MSWIN System.

Now I am trying to create a master list of UIDs for the system. So any help would be appreciated a lot.

Currently, I am sifting through the Wiki articles for any IDs (especially the ID'd ones) for any Ids.

Please send them in the following formats : CSV,XLS, Text to the following e-mail address: fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Of course, like always I am glad to share the list with all of you.

Thanks

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Looking like Harrison going to upgrade the EDACS to MSWIN, and I think all the Class I Railroad PD's are signed on.

SCPD

QRT
Rankin County Encryption

Me being a firefighter found out today from someone at rankin Eoc that the mswin in rankin county will be 100%ly encrypted so we can say a lot more stuff over the radio without the media listening in on us.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
The fire dept's will be encrypted also? That's strange, I was told it was only going to be LEO's. As far as the media, they can't very well do a good story on any of the Rankin County folks if all the traffic is encrypted, they can't hear it so sending a press release simply doesn't work.

We will see huh?

Be Safe