OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Was at Camp Shelby for a tiny bit today, but all I had in the car was the venerable PSR500. This is from 1-53, the Red Hill site out by the CACTF.Snapchat-1818951431.jpgSnapchat-166569356.jpg

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Sorry this took so long. Work and all that. It has a ComSouth tag on it as well as a State property tag. The thing on top (the pic was far too dark and using the flash against the glass is horrific) is some sort of Zetron device. The techie-type who was there when I first saw it told me what it was (Precise words were akin to "It's a receiver for the statewide radio system; it sends the transmissions via the internet to what's called the site controller"). There's another similar one over in Biloxi.
The final word.

I was at an event Saturday night and had the chance to speak with a gentleman involved with the WCC. His response to the EDACS box-thing was that it's a receiver for the Harrison County system that feeds Gulfport PD Dispatch to the USMPD console in their dispatch center, up in Hattiesburg (ROIP). There's another one for LBPD and a third in Ocean Springs for their Type-2 system that both also backhaul via IP to USMPD.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
13644? "Hydro" unit calling and working with "Tac-11". The Tac-11 identifier appeared to be a controller or dispatcher, not the channel name. Range puts it in line with colleges/universities. Rx from Camp Shelby 1-54 site.

At first, Hydro-3 sounded like he was calling "HSB" or "HSD", but then the receiving end identified as "Tac-11", so....?

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
While I'm asking, how about 13646? Sounded like two school admins discussing scheduling/staffing issues. Also from 1-54, but I think they just affiliated while driving by on 49 as I only had a few transmissions.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Might be more USM TG.. Or maybe one of the Community Colleges like Mississippi Gulf Coast CC, or Pearl River CC?

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I have the codeplug from USM in my files and it's not them. I've never actually seen an MGCCC officer with a radio, but was under the impression they're on HCSO EDACS. PRCC may be a possibility as I know they have a small HBurg campus. I'll keep looking.

I'm currently relaxing and doing Pro96Com on a few sites and am getting a lot of unknowns, so there's definitely work to be done.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Well I do not know where the numbering scheme on RR came from, but since everything in Forrest County is 31xxx and Jasper County is 43xxx, I'd guess the either WCC changed it internally during deployment or someone submitted bad information?

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Part of what we had was from actual MSWIN radio codeplugs, doing chan radio checks with scanner near HT or mobile, and by monitoring as folks transitioned when the Forrest Co TRS became an MSWIN site. MSWIN TGs do not follow a concrete set up when compared to county numbering. Now RIDs might be another story.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Part of what we had was from actual MSWIN radio codeplugs, doing chan radio checks with scanner near HT or mobile, and by monitoring as folks transitioned when the Forrest Co TRS became an MSWIN site. MSWIN TGs do not follow a concrete set up when compared to county numbering. Now RIDs might be another story.
Not related, but does anyone know who 13665 is? It is an aircraft that I have been hearing a lot. They fly all over the state. I think it's Law Enforcement, not sure though.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
13665 falls in between JSU and DSU in the State Level ranges. Yes, the Universities/Colleges (At the higher levels, not Community College/Junior College, as MS does not have a system of Statewide linked Community Colleges like several other States do.) do fall under State Level (which some might find odd). 10000 thru 15000 is State Level, as is 21000 thru at least 24000... Though I suspect there is also room set aside in 15XXX thru 29XXX for expansion also. (Includes Federal, interops, etc...) I highly recommend logging the RID's and doing comparisons of other TG's they are using.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Not related, but does anyone know who 13665 is? It is an aircraft that I have been hearing a lot. They fly all over the state. I think it's Law Enforcement, not sure though.
MS ANG.

You'll hear them calling "Griffin Ops" or sometimes "Griffin TOC". This channel is called "TDFM" in their radios, and sometimes simulcast on 35.50, though I can't figure out the when/why pattern.

Hammerguy69

MS ANG.

You'll hear them calling "Griffin Ops" or sometimes "Griffin TOC". This channel is called "TDFM" in their radios, and sometimes simulcast on 35.50, though I can't figure out the when/why pattern.
I believe the TDFM is the model of radio in the helicopter....TDFM-9000. They have a "card" that has the guts of an APX7000 i believe.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I'll take your word for it. Each time an aircraft was calling for Griffin Ops or TOC, they announced as being on TDFM. Ill listen more tomorrow when I'm at Shelby.