OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I live in one of the holes, at the Gulfport/Biloxi border along Pass. Zero coverage, even on the external antenna. Go a mile either way and it comes back, but that's a fairly bad hole. One of my neighbors is a Trooper; he's told me he has to resort to his cellphone in the area. he said there's also a big gap along the 609 in OS, but I haven't checked that area.
Quoting myself for fun. I just looked at what site my work portable was affiliating with, turned out to be one in The Kiln at -115db. Site searched and it next affiliated with Waveland at -120db. On the third try it locked onto the SOW at USM at -110db. All of this from home in Gulfport as stated above.

Hammerguy69

Quoting myself for fun. I just looked at what site my work portable was affiliating with, turned out to be one in The Kiln at -115db. Site searched and it next affiliated with Waveland at -120db. On the third try it locked onto the SOW at USM at -110db. All of this from home in Gulfport as stated above.

Like i have seen several time, it was built with 97% MOBILE coverage not portable coverage, have heard that they are looking at possibly looking at site somewhere in G'port area though.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I hope so. I know there's a few satellite receivers around, but talk-in is one thing when you can't hear back. I was in a foot pursuit in downtown Gulfport the weekend before last and all my portable would do was bonk at me.

Keeping this on track, this morning I found 35955 to be Richton Fire Dispatch (simo with Perry Co SO).

Hammerguy69

I hope so. I know there's a few satellite receivers around, but talk-in is one thing when you can't hear back. I was in a foot pursuit in downtown Gulfport the weekend before last and all my portable would do was bonk at me.

Keeping this on track, this morning I found 35955 to be Richton Fire Dispatch (simo with Perry Co SO).

Satellite receivers? For MSWIN in Harrison Co? Don't think so.

But Gulfport and Harrison County as a whole is not on MSWIN so you must not work for G'port or Harrison SO.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Satellite receivers? For MSWIN in Harrison Co? Don't think so.

But Gulfport and Harrison County as a whole is not on MSWIN so you must not work for G'port or Harrison SO.
When I get a second, I'll take a photo of one. Found it by chance alone.

And no, I don't. I do have a Harris portable for interops but rarely have to use it.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Sorry this took so long. Work and all that. It has a ComSouth tag on it as well as a State property tag. The thing on top (the pic was far too dark and using the flash against the glass is horrific) is some sort of Zetron device. The techie-type who was there when I first saw it told me what it was (Precise words were akin to "It's a receiver for the statewide radio system; it sends the transmissions via the internet to what's called the site controller"). There's another similar one over in Biloxi.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 28

medic9351301

Banned
hmmm, harris equipment tied into a Motorola ASTRO-25 700 MHz TRS .
not saying it cant be done.

Hammerguy69

For my own part, I've seen Moto, Kenwood and Harris portables and mobiles on MSWIN but haven't seen much of the backend equipment.

I believe that is part of Harrison Co system. Never heard of Harris equipment tied to the MSWIN system. Curious as to where that was?

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I just pass on what I heard/saw. Maybe it IS tied into Harrison, with a State tag, in a state facility (downtown Gulfport), with a tech saying it's for the statewide system, but I could be wrong. I've been married three times, so I'm WELL aware of how wrong I can be :ROFLMAO:

Further, I'm assigned to Camp Shelby for a few months so I'm working on a talkgroup list. So far I've managed to ID 4, but nothing interesting.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
Harrison Co has MSWIN radio, I'm not sure if it's EMA or SO but they check in every month when MEMA does its radio check. I was on coast yesterday and saw a couple of Gulfport PD cars with what looked like one of those 700 MhZ antenna.

Be safe

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
I believe that is part of Harrison Co system. Never heard of Harris equipment tied to the MSWIN system. Curious as to where that was?

Actually JMAA Fire/Crash / MSANG Fire/Crash use Harris Mobile MSWIN Radios in their Airport Fire Trucks. As you can see, (I'm not familiar with Harris and Vertex Model Numbers) but on the left is a phase 2 Harris P25 700/800 Mobile, and on the right appears to be a vertex standard VHF Radio (Most likely P25 Since their backup to MSWIN Channel is 148.2000MHz F7E NAC P25 Conventional. Their portables however are APX7000XE VHF/7/800 Radios. This is the only Harris radios I know of that are on the MSWIN in central MS however.

(I do also want to add that Some of the Rankin County Volunteer Fire Departments Do use Harris 7/800 Phase 2 Portable Radios for their captains Langford VFD in particular. The rest of the Radios are APX1000s Model 2s)
(Here's their website)
DVIDS - News - The 172nd Airlift Wing Fire and Crash Rescue Department (dvidshub.net)

1658850431459.png

TheRadioGuru

I do know Yazoo County has like 40+ Harris XL200's in use by fire command and emergency management. Lower ranker personnel have Tait TP9400's to use with the SO using Motorola radios in Yazoo County.

Hammerguy69

Harrison Co has MSWIN radio, I'm not sure if it's EMA or SO but they check in every month when MEMA does its radio check. I was on coast yesterday and saw a couple of Gulfport PD cars with what looked like one of those 700 MhZ antenna.

Be safe

Harrison Co 911 has radios with the MSWIN regional special events tied to their Harris system for patching purposes.

Hammerguy69

I just pass on what I heard/saw. Maybe it IS tied into Harrison, with a State tag, in a state facility (downtown Gulfport), with a tech saying it's for the statewide system, but I could be wrong. I've been married three times, so I'm WELL aware of how wrong I can be :ROFLMAO:

Further, I'm assigned to Camp Shelby for a few months so I'm working on a talkgroup list. So far I've managed to ID 4, but nothing interesting.

Since it is in a state building with a state property tag and it look like in your first picture there is a label with a ID number and possible the word EDACS (cant see the whole label) I wonder if it part of an in-building repeater system/BDA?

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
I also forgot to mention But Holmes CC Ridgeland Police Department are using Harris Mobiles in their 3 patrol cars and in their campus police office for a base station. However they use Motorola APX900 Portables. So yes a handful of departments are using Harris equipment.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Since it is in a state building with a state property tag and it look like in your first picture there is a label with a ID number and possible the word EDACS (cant see the whole label) I wonder if it part of an in-building repeater system/BDA?
I've got a guy there now, I'll ask him if he can get in there and look around.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
The report back is that it does indeed say EDADS with a string of numbers, so I'm guessing a sat receiver for the Harrison County system. Feedline runs to the roof and it only has one run of coax coming out. I was truly led astray.

Wonder why it has a State tag though?