OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

scanphreak

I have recently erected a 700/800 MHz Yagi antenna at my home on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay in Alabama and have it pointing west to receive the Mobile County system, which it does very well. I have also noted that I can receive the Jackson County system, hearing Pascagoula, Moss Point, etc., and seem to get a signal from two MSWIN sites (Van Cleave and Fountainbleau); the Analyze function on my SDS200 will detect the NAC and site ID's but I never hear any traffic on these. Are the towers closer enough to any current MSWIN users to have activity?
There's voice traffic on both Vancleave and Fountainbleu constantly. I hear MHP Troop K, MEDCOM, Forestry, a lot of George County SO, and Lucedale PD on Vancleave, and a lot of Hancock County on the Fountainbleu site. Both sites also serve the Jackson County 800mhz trunked system for the county Public Safety. The Vancleave tower is located on Wade-Vancleave Rd about 2 miles east of Hwy 57. And the Fountainbleu tower is just south of Hwy 90 on Hwy 57.

Hammerguy69

There's voice traffic on both Vancleave and Fountainbleu constantly. I hear MHP Troop K, MEDCOM, Forestry, a lot of George County SO, and Lucedale PD on Vancleave, and a lot of Hancock County on the Fountainbleu site. Both sites also serve the Jackson County 800mhz trunked system for the county Public Safety. The Vancleave tower is located on Wade-Vancleave Rd about 2 miles east of Hwy 57. And the Fountainbleu tower is just south of Hwy 90 on Hwy 57.
While MSWIN is on the County's Fountainbleau site the site at Vancleave is a MSWIN only site. No county equipment there from WCC notes.

Hammerguy69

Jackson County is going on MSWIN, they are bickering right now
Thought JC was putting in their own system, if i remember correctly, from the WCC minutes, they wanted no part of MSWIN and were building out a Harris P25 system so the could talk to Harrison and Mobile Co, AL?

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
MSWIN can talk to Mobile. I'm not sure what the problem is. They want to own the system I think, they are so misguided. As far as Harrison Co, they wined, *****ed and moaned and constantly complaining about having no radio communication when Katrina hit, oh they were oh so sad. Now they have an opportunity to enjoy it and they play these mental masterbation games. Heck, I loaned the state 6 edac radios I had to use during Katrina

scanphreak

While MSWIN is on the County's Fountainbleau site the site at Vancleave is a MSWIN only site. No county equipment there from WCC notes.
Well if that's the case something has changed because a few years ago I was inside that building, and the county TRS was the very first users of that tower site, and then added MSWIN, and also the Jackson County Amateur Radio Club's 2 meter repeater on it as well.

Hammerguy69

Well if that's the case something has changed because a few years ago I was inside that building, and the county TRS was the very first users of that tower site, and then added MSWIN, and also the Jackson County Amateur Radio Club's 2 meter repeater on it as well.
The tower that was built by TOM for MSWIN only has MSWIN and maybe ATT and or Cspire on it. The one with the other stuff you mentioned is down the road on another tower.

scanphreak

TG: 65055

Found a new one for me today. Listening to Fountainbleau 0144 and heard PR 210 calling Ship Island Life Guards. I recognized her because she's always on the Ocean Springs PD dispatch pulling people over etc. PR 210 is one of the law enforcement rangers at Gulf Islands National Seashore Davis Bayou park in Ocean Springs.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
TG: 65055

Found a new one for me today. Listening to Fountainbleau 0144 and heard PR 210 calling Ship Island Life Guards. I recognized her because she's always on the Ocean Springs PD dispatch pulling people over etc. PR 210 is one of the law enforcement rangers at Gulf Islands National Seashore Davis Bayou park in Ocean Springs.
Post in thread 'OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread' OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

scanphreak

I hear Helo traffic to hospital on 155.340 quite often. I also have heard traffic on EMS to Hospital on Ms Medcom Region 1 TG 22306. Totally unrelated, does anybody know who TG 65111 is? I have heard this TG a lot this week. I think it may be partial encryption of full time.

I heard 65111 for the first time today on Fountainbleu Site down here on the coast. It was about 20 seconds of fully encrypted traffic.