OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Just in case anybody is curious, all agencies working security at the State Fair are using R1 SE3. This includes Hinds SO, Jackson PD, Capitol Police, and MHP. There may be more agencies, but these I know for sure. AMR is also there.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I could use some Audio files from the Fair. Also will be updating my list of MSWIN UIDs for an upcoming trip to La.

Major Thanks

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Sheesh. If the reason people are collecting RIDs is for "cloning" purposes, then apparently I've cloned a little over 4000 radios on MSWIN, some 6000 on ELMR and I don't recall how many on the DOJ IWN system.

You can find new and interesting things by tracking RIDs as they move between talkgroups/sites.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
And here, where a single radio can literally be on multiple system, watching it's RID bounce between the systems is cool. Like we have an town here that is in 2 counties, and has to use both our local county system, and the statewide system almost daily. Etc...

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
One of the better ones I've had recently was hearing a radio from an investigative agency here calling out some stuff on an MHP dispatch talkgroup, then watching Pro96Com and seeing the user step through channels and tx encrypted on what I now ID'd as one of their internal TGIDs. Nailed down 5 more as he switched channels.

(Just don't tell the skinny fire kid as he doesn't think Pro96Com can do that)

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, MHP has a few not listed yet for MBI use, admin use, other CID uses, etc. Following RID's can help in identify unknowns. You just need patience as some TG may only get used once a week, while others never stop. Like the SWAT team might not get action for a whole month, then a big shtf event and you find 4 other SWAT related TG in an hour.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Who needs time? I turn it in when I get to the office, and occasionally at home. I look at it every now and then and track what it's found. If I go somewhere else for work or whatnot, same rules apply.

2 minutes to set it up and a few minutes here and there to reconcile the finds.

Time.... 😆

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
From 1-47 (Forrest Co North) and 1-48 (FGH) today:

30756- 10 was calling S/O to advise the coroner was 10-23. No other units were heard.

31085- Units were calling 'Sanitation' to advise on pick-ups and trash cans not left out; Hattiesburg addresses.

31135- FGH engineering traffic. Almost entirely electricians.