OP25 OP25 - DMR and Raspberry Pi 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

miclass

For the minute or so that you had liquidsoap running I can see 6 transitions between receiving data from op25 and filling in blanks (idle time).
op25 is definitely outputting some data to the pcm stream.

I'd like you to capture a raw_output file and corresponding stderr.2 of a few minutes operation (running at "-v 9" or "-v 10") then PM'd me so that we can arrange a way for me to get the file. (Email, dropbox, google drive, ...)

Thanks

I tried again using the version from git commited on 1st March 2020 and it works! I finally can hear sound! :) (but I had to start audio.py manually in another terminal, multi_rx.py did not start it).

Now, I wuold like to ask some other questions:
  • Audio is quite low, alsamixer shows level at maximum. I am trying with different values of "audio_gain" in the audio section of the json, which is the accepted range of values for this parameter? is there another way to increase volume?
  • Can I save the Wave file while it gets played?
Thank you!

boatbod

I tried again using the version from git commited on 1st March 2020 and it works! I finally can hear sound! :) (but I had to start audio.py manually in another terminal, multi_rx.py did not start it).

Now, I wuold like to ask some other questions:
  • Audio is quite low, alsamixer shows level at maximum. I am trying with different values of "audio_gain" in the audio section of the json, which is the accepted range of values for this parameter? is there another way to increase volume?
  • Can I save the Wave file while it gets played?
Thank you!
Thanks, that confirms there has been some sort of regression in the DMR handling. I will explore further today.

If you are running audio.py you'll want to experiment with the -x command line option. Try "-x 2.0" to boost the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.