P25RX-II P25RX-II Firmware Updates / Testing

btt

Banned
Banned
Using 6-13 1909, my edits to the Alphatag value do not stick; they change back to the value imported from the csv file.

Edit: If I uncheck "Enable Table Updates" the changes seem to stick.
Updating talk groups and alias tables is different with the latest versions. These values are now stored in a SQL database. On both of these tabs, you will see a checkbox for "enable table updates". This option allows the rows in the tables being displayed to be updated from the database. This normally occurs on a frequency change. If you want to edit the table while monitoring, then you can ensure that the table won't be refreshed while editing by turning off the "enable table updates". After making your edits, you can send the changes to the database by pressing the <Update Selected> for the talk group tables (you need to select which rows you want to update). For the alias table, you can press <Update DB>. This will update from the entire table. If you use the <Edit Alias> button, the update to the dbase is immediate and you don't need to do anything but enter the alias and hit enter/press ok.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The good thing is this release seems to be more stable in that it hasn't crashed after ~10 edits and writes so far. I did get one "crc not ok" and a reset, but the radio recovered without freezing or loss / corruption of data.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
Todd,
Any luck on the two tone decoder?
Just checkin'
Sorry, I have not been back to working on that yet. I think the current state of the test code looks promising for the two-tone decode. I received an order yesterday, so that is my priority for the moment. I'm also working on specs for some potential unrelated design work right now. I need the income to pay monthly bills. I could post the test code (written in C) if anyone else would like to work on it while I am distracted. email me if you would like the code in its current state.

phase_lock.png

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
Anyone running latest stable software on MAC OS? I'm using 6-30-2022 15:31.

First startup connected fine with the RXII and says device needs firmware update, so I went through that exercise.

Second startup it can't find the device. red led still randomly blinking. RXII works fine on Windows 10, just trying a Macbook Air.

Thanks,

Edit: after restarting both the MB and P25 the software established a connection and the receiver is working well on MAC OS.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
Anyone running latest stable software on MAC OS? I'm using 6-30-2022 15:31.

First startup connected fine with the RXII and says device needs firmware update, so I went through that exercise.

Second startup it can't find the device. red led still randomly blinking. RXII works fine on Windows 10, just trying a Macbook Air.

Thanks,

Edit: after restarting both the MB and P25 the software established a connection and the receiver is working well on MAC OS.
The red led blinking probably indicates that it is not tuned to an active control channel. When you updated, the configuration was reset to default. The roaming option would be disabled. Are you using roaming to support multiple control channels? If so, try enabling roaming, and pressing <write config>.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
The red led blinking probably indicates that it is not tuned to an active control channel. When you updated, the configuration was reset to default. The roaming option would be disabled. Are you using roaming to support multiple control channels? If so, try enabling roaming, and pressing <write config>.
Read on down Todd, restarting the receiver and software fixed the issue. First time using the MacBook but once it discovered the receiver everything became very familiar.

btt

Banned
Banned
Read on down Todd, restarting the receiver and software fixed the issue. First time using the MacBook but once it discovered the receiver everything became very familiar.
Great. Thank you for the update!

raysystem

Premium Subscriber
Searched specs on the product site (found one reference that said 6553), and keyword searched the forums, but haven't found an answer to:
What's the max number of records loadable to the P25RXII?
Mine seems to hang up after 6547. Is that the limit?

btt

Banned
Banned
Searched specs on the product site (found one reference that said 6553), and keyword searched the forums, but haven't found an answer to:
What's the max number of records loadable to the P25RXII?
Mine seems to hang up after 6547. Is that the limit?
Yes. The limit is 6553. It shouldn't hang. It should stop importing after reaching the limit.

raysystem

Premium Subscriber
Yes. The limit is 6553. It shouldn't hang. It should stop importing after reaching the limit.
Thank you for the reply. Correctly restated: Mine seems to stop importing at 6547. Anyway, I've bonked my head on the ceiling.

btt

Banned
Banned
If you email me the file and let me know which firmware you are running, I'll test it here.

raysystem

Premium Subscriber
If you email me the file and let me know which firmware you are running, I'll test it here.
Thank you for the kind offer. I sincerely know you have more important projects. I have since been able to speak with another member of this group who is local to me and he is helping me with better resource usage of the device. There were a lot of talkgroups in my spreadsheet that I did not really need. I'm having a lot of fun with this device, and simultaneously learning as I go. All set for now.

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
I'm unable to import an alias CSV after updating my RID file. I'm using MacOS. If I place the CSV file in the home folder for P25RX and select it for import, nothing happens. I exported the existing Alias/RID's and discovered the software saves it to the Audio folder, not the P25RX home folder. If I copied the CSV file into the audio folder and tried importing from there, nothing happened. Then I modified my CSV file to contain 4 columns like the one the software exports. I then tried importing it from both the home folder and the audio folder. Nothing happened.

Not sure what I'm missing here. I'm using the advanced software version 09-02 06:39

James

btt

Banned
Banned
I'm unable to import an alias CSV after updating my RID file. I'm using MacOS. If I place the CSV file in the home folder for P25RX and select it for import, nothing happens. I exported the existing Alias/RID's and discovered the software saves it to the Audio folder, not the P25RX home folder. If I copied the CSV file into the audio folder and tried importing from there, nothing happened. Then I modified my CSV file to contain 4 columns like the one the software exports. I then tried importing it from both the home folder and the audio folder. Nothing happened.

Not sure what I'm missing here. I'm using the advanced software version 09-02 06:39

James
Hi James,
Can you please email me your file?

btt

Banned
Banned
Hi Todd, I remember you came out with a Firmware that you said had much improved audio for the P25RX-II. Do you remember which version it was and is it still available?
Thanks, Bob
Hi Bob,
Yes, I did release the version I mentioned. It was 08-17_0929. It turned out that the changes caused several issues, so I took it down. I have some more changes that I will get into the P25RX-II soon. I'm sorry for the less frequent fw improvements. I have been working hard to keep BTT alive with development of a new product while parts are unavailable for the other two designs.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hi Bob,
Yes, I did release the version I mentioned. It was 08-17_0929. It turned out that the changes caused several issues, so I took it down. I have some more changes that I will get into the P25RX-II soon. I'm sorry for the less frequent fw improvements. I have been working hard to keep BTT alive with development of a new product while parts are unavailable for the other two designs.
Ahh yes I remember now. I did try that one and it caused the "unknown talkgroup" to constantly come up. OK yes of course, fully understand with the new model released. Sounds like it is a winner! Great that there is still plans for future improvements on the RX-II also.
Great work as always,
Bob

radio3353

...I'm sorry for the less frequent fw improvements. I have been working hard to keep BTT alive with development of a new product while parts are unavailable for the other two designs.
All certainly understandable. But, please don't forget about those of us still happily using older models even if you can't build any more of them due to material shortages. Appreciate all you do.

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
Hi James,
Can you please email me your file?

I forgot that the alias CSV will not upload if the first line contains the column names. Once I removed that, it worked. The Talk Group CSV does have a header, the RID Alias CSV does not.

J