Paul Opitz passes away at age 59 after his battle with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

p19997

Premium Subscriber
Though I never met him in person, Paul was a great person. What he did for our hobby is awesome. No one can understand what he went through except those who have suffered from the disease. It is also very hard to understand how a person could endure what he did with such poise, courage, and fortitude. Even in the midst of some of the darkest times, Paul wanted to keep working. I don't think it was about the job -- it was about us. He will be missed.

May he rest in peace.

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
Very saddened to read of Paul's passing.

His ability to engage with us on the level he could and did was so refreshing and welcome.
He will be truly missed by many, not just on a national level but an international one.

His ability and willingness to guide, tantalize and help was incredible in addition to refreshing existing aspects of the hobby as well as bringing many new aspects to both old and new hobbyists was second to none.

Rest easy Paul. Condolences to his family, both at home and within Uniden.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
God Bless you Paul, may you rest in peace and your insight, wisdom and good natured banter will never be forgotten by any of us.

Haley

Very, very sad news, Paul will be greatly missed by MANY friends and family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.