Pro-26 buzzing sound when scanning/searching

jomjom79

Would love an update to this post. Did you manage to fix the problem? And if so what was the issue. Did something need replacing.

Is this the same buzzing sound you had? Realistic PRO-26 Clicking / Buzzing [Video]

Well the update is that its worse now.. Still the same buzzing however now the scanner wont turn on straight away if its been powered off for several days (With batteries in it)

It will eventually power on and after that it will power up until i leave it again for a few days again.

Im 99% sure this is down to bad capacitors. However as all of them are surface mount SMD`s i am a bit hesitant of changing them out until the scanner is completely dead. Not really an easy job when you are not used to SMD soldering.

I have not yet tried a external power supply as all my supplies are center positive and this requires center negative. I dont really think it will make any difference but i will give it a go once i get the time to modify one of them.

Jomjom79

bearcatrp

Do a search to find the thread about me looking for someone to check mine out. Been a few years. When you find it, contact him to see if he still works on RS radios. He did a good job going through mine. Very thorough. I’ll see if I can find it too. The Pro 26 still does a great job on airband so don’t give up on it.

bearcatrp

Here it is. Contact this guy to have it repaired