Status
Not open for further replies.

HWG

Is ARC404 the only software that will work with the PRO-650 desktop scanner?

Is the 20-546 the correct cable I will need? I have a feeling this might be a challenge to find.

HWG

I had come across Scancat but it just seemed sketchy to me. Be interesting to hear from anyone that might be a user of it. I hadn't seen PSREdit100. I'm guessing that is because it lists PRO-405 which looks to be the same as the PRO-650.

HWG

Anyone know if the 20-546 cable is the same as the 20-047 cable? Having options when trying to source this programming cable will be helpful it seems.

HWG

It appears the GRE 100-016 cable will also work. Just trying to compile some good information on cables for future reference.

Some cables have 3.5mm mono ends and others stereo ends. The cables with the stereo ends tend to come with mono adapters.

The RadioShack 20-049 cable looks to have a stereo end but with a 9-pin serial connector. Doesn't look like it has a mono adapter included with it. I wonder if it would work on the PRO-650 as well?

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It appears the GRE 100-016 cable will also work. Just trying to compile some good information on cables for future reference.

Some cables have 3.5mm mono ends and others stereo ends. The cables with the stereo ends tend to come with mono adapters.

The RadioShack 20-049 cable looks to have a stereo end but with a 9-pin serial connector. Doesn't look like it has a mono adapter included with it. I wonder if it would work on the PRO-650 as well?

List of RS scanners and mono/stereo cable requirements here:

Status
Not open for further replies.