PRO-668 Can't update DSP since USB can't find scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE4W

Premium Subscriber
Brand new pro668. Software installed on Win8.1 without a hitch. Followed the instructions for DSP updates by turning off scanner, plugging into USB, telling software to check for update. An error message pops up saying the scanner cannot be found. I CAN see the drive on my computer, though, so I know the USB is working. What have I overlooked?

NE4W

Premium Subscriber
got it, finally

I finally got the software talking to the scanner, somehow, by disabling driver signing (Win8) and installing the .inf file manually. No DSP update available, but was able to update the CPU firmware. The adventure begins...

jnewell

It should stay fixed for you once the driver has been installed - you're good to go.

garysauctions

Premium Subscriber
I finally got the software talking to the scanner, somehow, by disabling driver signing (Win8) and installing the .inf file manually. No DSP update available, but was able to update the CPU firmware. The adventure begins...

You stumbled onto the correct solution.

Without the USB driver installed, the scanner cannot be seen even though the USB card is seen as a drive.

There was probably a warning about an UNSIGNED DRIVER while you were installing, but as with my first attempt it flashed by so quickly I missed it.

It was not until I attempted to manually install the driver that I saw the message.

I set it up to allow UNSIGNED DRIVERS and it's been good ever since.

Rbp1414

Premium Subscriber
can someone help with the steps necessary to disable signed drivers and manually install the needed driver?

jnewell

can someone help with the steps necessary to disable signed drivers and manually install the needed driver?

See below

Minor heads-up, if you're using Win 8.1 you don't get the reboot options screen until after you click through a screen that lists the options but has only a "restart" button. After that, it looks and acts the same, and works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.