Pro-668: Pro-668 Software Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatdoido

So a friend gave me his Pro-668 and i read that the software is within the memory card. I installed it into my computer, and read through the "Easier To Read" for the pro 668/1080/etc but i simply do not get how to put in frequencies into the scanner. I just want to put in the P25 systems of my area (Alameda County Frequencies in the Bay Area such as Alameda County Sheriff's, Oakland PD, Livermore PD, pretty much all P25 systems surrounding my city) Can anyone help with some steps on how to input these frequencies? maybe some tips or suggestions on how to work the software, i really don't want to mess things up before trying to even tweak anything.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
All you need to do is set the scanner to monitor for your zip code, the scanner will program itself!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pro668

There are EZSCAN instruction videos on youtube by zipscanner and others showing how to load (objects) into a scanlist. I'd start there. I don't like the zipcode method, especially if you're in a large county with a very large city nearby. Making your own scanlists is better.

Whatdoido

Thank you, i was able to get some of the programming going with the help of some youtube videos! Quick question though, in "library Import" l click on "Select Import Type" then "preferred" but when i go to "Counties/Cities" I click on my county and the sub category says "Sheriff" but a notification pops up and says "There are no frequencies available in this subcategory" but the other sub categories do show options when clicked on. Am i missing a step?

Whatdoido

I'm sure the Alameda County Sheriff''s frequency is populated around here, as they seem to be in more than 3 cities. Is there a reason why the software says there is no frequencies in that sub category?

Whatdoido

Where do i submit? I just want to to program the P25 frequencies manually rather than having to download a whole book and letting the scanner scan through lists. I tried making new channels on the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab, created everything, but i don't know how to sync the lists into the memory card.

Status
Not open for further replies.