Pro-91 help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

I want to program my scanner to receive King County Sheriff North, Tac-2, and King County Sheriff Northwest. I have no idea how to program into my scanner the three relevant DEC codes: 23152, 23184, 23344. If anyone could render some assistance, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Scanner Frequencies: Seattle-King County Public Safety Trunking System, Seattle, Washington

King county uses a trunked system. Depending on which site or sites are near you, you have to put in all the freqs. for each site. If you want site 001 you need to put in all 24 freqs. Site 003 has 18 freqs., etc. If you want to monitor more than one site you should put them in separate banks.
After the freqs. are in and it is "trunking", you will see Talk Groups showing up. Those "DEC codes" are Talk Groups. To hear only certain TGs, you must put them into Scan Lists manually, then run in "OPEN" or "CLOSED" mode. OPEN lets you hear all active TGs, CLOSED lets you hear only the TGs you have put into the Scan Lists.

Note: OPEN and CLOSED are SEARCH and SCAN in some scanners, depending on the manufacturer.

You should ask in the WA forum which sites to monitor for your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.