Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewxl00

I have loaded several frequencies into my Pro 96 for Clermont County Police and not receiving any of them. I am getting fire and others but not for clermont sheriff dispatch.

any thoughts or list of frequencies?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I have loaded several frequencies into my Pro 96 for Clermont County Police and not receiving any of them. I am getting fire and others but not for clermont sheriff dispatch.

any thoughts or list of frequencies?

Are you programming by hand or through software?

The listing in the database here is current and correct.
Clermont County recently rebanded, so for your 96 you must now
reset the trunking tables. This cannot be done with the radio alone,
you must use one of the available software packages for the 96.

I personally prefer Win96 found at Software for RadioShack PRO-series

In Win 96, you must naviagate to the bank where you have Clermont County stored using the "Channels" tab.
Then click on the "Extended Tables" button and use the following settings in the attached image.

Your 96 should then track the system perfectly.

Attachments

• ClermontTRSTables.jpg
    ClermontTRSTables.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 423

gewxl00

I am loading those frequencies by hand. So you say I must use software to load. Sounds complicated.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I am loading those frequencies by hand. So you say I must use software to load. Sounds complicated.

That depends on how "tech savvy" you are and whether you have a desire to learn.

Win96 is a simple, straight forward program and the best way to program this scanner.

With local systems rebanding (dropping 15 MHz in frequency), the software is absolutely necessary in order to get the scanner to track the system properly. Clermont, Clinton and Butler counties have already rebanded their systems, Hamilton County-Cincinnati is due to reband soon.

You can find out more about Win96 and the new tables needed on the wiki here

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The MONIX Digital Scanner Team constantly updates files for the Cincinnati area for the Pro-96 and PSR-500/Pro106 scanner families.
You could try to make one of their meetings and get your Pro-96 updated, or use the files in their file area to load them yourself using Win96.

MONIX : MONIX

mikef1234

Premium Subscriber
I have the Pro -2096 and use win96. It was well worth the investment. It is very simple to use and in my book saves alot of time. You can create several templates to upload to your scanner so you can experiment what works or doesn't. Also it comes in handy if you totaly want to change the frequencies around in the scanner. It just has so many uses to me, plus thepeople on here are a great bunch and willing to help you out !

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.