Problem with DC System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
Hi Everyone, please bear with me I'm a beginner...

I'm trying to load some Baltimore City and Washington DC Trunked Systems into my Pro-96. I upgraded my RR account to be able to 'web import' the system straight into the scanner (through Win96)... Everything works fine, the cable, uploading and all...

BUT... I can't seem to hear any of the DC Police District TalkGroups that I used to hear loud and clear (I used to live in the 3rd District).

Is my scanner outdated? I have the Pro-96. Or did DC upgrade their system, or both?

THANKS! Happy New Year!

Cameron

don333

If my memory serves me correctly, all DC police talk groups are now encrypted and cannot be monitored by any currently manufactured scanner. If I'm wrong would someone please correct me and my apologies in advance.

command_z

Premium Subscriber
That's crazy! Is that even legal?

They said there will be a new system all-together in 2012. I wonder if we'll be able to listen to that one?

paponte0

Cheif Lanier Defends Police Radio Encryption

Cheif Lanier Defends Police Radio Encryption

Lanier Defends Police Radio Encryption: DCist

"At one point, Lanier seemed to budge, saying that she'd acquiesce to allowing the media access to radio communications, but only if they were delayed and if police could scrub sensitive information from them."

"Lanier also fired back at claims that encrypted radios would make it harder for the media to fish out bad cops.."

in the mean time all we have is twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/dcpolicedept

Status
Not open for further replies.