program pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

yungchin

programing pro-197

texasemt13! well don't know if doing it right again [this thread] but i think i figure-out how to program the new digital frequencies 800mhz for waco,mlelennan co. i got them to work with yours and the others help.thank you alot.

yungchin

well texasemt13 i got the new 800mhz digital frequencies to work in the trunking mode,but now my 800mhz trunking frequencies in analog don't scan and i put my analog 800mhz frequencies in bank 1 and put my 800mhz digital trunking frequencies in bank 6. so right now i don't know what the deal is!

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yungchin,

Awesome to see you got a new thread started. I'll be away from my house for most of the day, but when I get back home I'll be glad to help you.

You wouldn't happen to have any programming software huh? It makes programming so much easier, and though it isn't free, there are some free 30 day trials out there. Look at win500 for a good example.

The only thing the software requires is a computer, the software, and the programming cable (about $20 also).

If you had the software you could post files and edit them, or just load files that other members send you.

I'll be home later, then we'll talk.

yungchin

scanner software

mr.boatright i have that c.d. and cable you are talking about [scanner software]. it is called the full-speed usb scanner programming cable and i got the c.d. too. i found another pro-197 scanner in the pawnshop just like brandnew it was in very good shape and it had the scanner software with it also. i got that pro-197 for 69dollars!software and all. i sold it to a scanner buddy of mine.

yungchin

500 win for pro-197

oh texasemt13 i already use that 30 day 500 win deal! but it was storming and raining outside one time and when i unplug my scanner from the wall it just wiped-out everything that 500win programed in my scanner from my computer. when i went back to try and use 500 win,it said my 30days were up. oh well!

yungchin

programming pro-197

like i said i got those 800mhz digital frequencies to work with youall help.im trying to see how that LED LIGHT work thats turns red,blue,white, etc!

yungchin

programming pro-197

well texasemt13 i know about press program and soft key etc! i just want to know how i can get the led lights to work on the pro-197. its seem like the manual not telling me enough about the led lights.

yungchin

programming pro-197

texasemt13! yeah i know about the keys to press for conv and trunking and what you showed me about the new 800mhz frequencies here in waco. if i get too much information it would just confuse me. im just trying to focus on the led lights and how they work now.

yungchin

programming pro-197

don't know texasemt13 if i did any good trying to program the led light with what you explained to me just got to wait and see when dps key-up because that is where i set it up to blink on and off.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
yungchin said:
texasemt13! okay like i said i learn how to do the led lights on the pro-197. but i want to know why when i put the new 800mhz digital frequencies in a another bank[bank 2] why when i go to bank 2 it said's nothing enable? im still hearing the new 800mhz frequencies,but you know when you look at the lcd screen it has 123456789! okay why when i press 1 to take bank one out and go to bank 2 it said's nothing enable?

yungchin, let's start calling them "lists" rather than "banks" so we can progress in to terminology applicable to "object-oriented scanning." You have a "list" of n number of "objects."

So for the screen to show "nothing enabled" there is one of two problems, either (1) there are no objects associated with list 2 (this can be checked in the editing menu for the objects themselves) or (2) you don't have any list enabled at all (or in other words, none of the 20 lists are active; you do know there are 20 and not 10 right?). So in the diagram below only lists 2, 12 and 20 are active:

- 2 - - - - - - - -
- 12 - - - - - - - 20

yungchin

programming pro-197

well i guess then what i would ask is: so if i just wanted to monitor list 2 how would i turn off list 1 or lock-out list 1 or vice versa?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
well i guess then what i would ask is: so if i just wanted to monitor list 2 how would i turn off list 1 or lock-out list 1 or vice versa?
Pressing 1 on scanner toggles list 1 ON if it is off or OFF if it is on. See right side of third line during press.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
BTW yungchin, the term is enabled for ON or disabled for OFF. Also, if a scanlist is alpha tagged it's name will appear on bottom line during toggle of list.

yungchin

i don't know man like i said its kind of hard to figure-out what you are saying about the off and on scan list.

yungchin

programming pro-197

im looking at my pro-197 manual now! i think on page 41 in the pro-197 manual may help me figire it out.

yungchin

1 is gonna disappear if i press it! that i know,but its not gonna take care my problem about turning on and off scan list.

Status
Not open for further replies.