Programing 246T scanner a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabro

hi all i have been at this for five days know and still trying to program my first setup, but i'am having to luck at this. First of all i have the arc program demo right now and going to buy the key for it , but want to see how to begin loading form the database on our forum to put in the program. I'am from the windsor area and would like to program the Ems,Police,and Fire and some other things but not having any luck doing so. If anyone can help me out would be appreciated.I have the 246t model uniden scanner.
P.S. If anyone from windsor area specialy.
Thank-you
papabro

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
With ARC246 open,
click on Internet and select RadioReference>Trunking Systems
Type in User name and Password
Click Connect
Select Canada in the pulldown
Click Connect again
Select Ontario in the State pulldown
Select Essex in the County pulldown
Select Windsor Public Safety - Motorola in the System pulldown
Check Primary under sites and Select Police Mutual Aid & Fire under Groups
Click Creat System.

Last edited:

papabro

Thanks Frank i got it on my arc program , know what to do next . I been reading that it just takes a few clicks to set it up to upload. If you can get back to me for trying to get the rest setup would be appreciated, cause its installing it to get it in the scanner is where i'am having the problem.
tx
papabro

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
With the scanner hooked up, select RS232 Setup in BC246T menu. Click AutoDetect and wait for the program to find the scanner. Click Ok.

Back to BC246T menu, select Send Data or press F6.

papabro

Thank-you very much i think i did it i'am hereing all the channels now, just got to setup locking the ones i don't want to listen too.Hope thats not to hard to figure out, so thanks alot frank for getting me going.
papabro

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Great, glad I could help.

I've never laid eyeballs on a 246 so can't help with the lockout.

I told you to use the Select All button on the groups when you were importing, not paying attention to your mention of Police and Fire groups in your original post.. You could try re-sending only PD, Mutual Aid and Fire groups to scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.