Programming a Radioshack Pro-95

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye444

Can anyone please offer me easy step-by-step directions on how to program everything relating to Hanover County's Trunked Radio Systems? I'm so confused with how to even program this scanner. I've tried understanding the manual that I have for it but it doesn't make any sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Welcome to VA forum.

Can anyone please offer me easy step-by-step directions on how to program everything relating to Hanover County's Trunked Radio Systems? I'm so confused with how to even program this scanner. I've tried understanding the manual that I have for it but it doesn't make any sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Click link under my signature for Pro-95 programming shortcut.

EagleEye444

Hanover County System

Ok, so if you look on the Hanover County System, there are mulitiple control channels. Now I'm confused with this because I thought that control channels had to do with a Motorola system, but it says that the system type is EDACS standard. Which mode do I use? Also, how are these control channels incorporated into the scanner along with the mulitiple talkgroups that are present and how are those programmed into the scanner so that I am able to hear anything that anyone is saying on those talkgroups? Thanks!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Goodness, the Pro-95 shortcut clearly gives a step by step procedure for programming.

Start with section Storing known trunked frequencies. Note 1 specifies how to program the frequencies with EDACS systems while note 2 & 3 refer to Motorola programming. Nothing is mentioned regarding multi site programming of EDACS systems so apparently it can't be done. Thus if needed, a second bank will be required. Also, nothing is mentioned regarding Control Channel (CC) only programming in EDACS, thus, it can't be done.

Step 4 states how to set the bank to EDACS using the MODE button.

Status
Not open for further replies.