• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

programming HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

figgman

I an trying to program my radio and our department has 2 channels for our fire ground one goes to the repeater and the other is a talk around channel which does not go to the repeater it is only line of sight. on our frequency listing it is 49 and 49 t/a with only one frequnecy. does anyone know how to program the radio so it does not go to the repeater?

figgman

sorry a vertex standard vx-350 i didn't think it mattered i thought maby i had to enter a slightly different frequency but i dont think so.

In order for the radio to go through the repeater it must have the offset frequency. Meaning if your frequency is 154.445 and its off set is 154.010. (the recieve is 154.445, and the transmit is 154.010) it will go through the repeater. if you add channel 2 as 154.445 as both the transmit and the recieve with the same PL/DPL tone as your rereater channel it will not hit the repeater.

repeater: Talkaround:
RX:154.445 RX:154.445
TX: 154.010 TX:154.445
PL:100.0 PL:100.0

Hope this helps.

P.S. or you can program one of your aux buttons (if applicable) to enable talk around. that would free up a channel in your radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.