Programming my Pro-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

oorefluxoo

Anyone know of a local company that can program my scanner? San Lorenzo Ca. 94580. I guess they changed the local scanner codes and I don't get Alameda county dispatch.

I hope I don't need to buy a different scanner now.

What is a keyword for local search for radio programming... thanks

Nasby

For what its worth, I've seen adds on Craigslist for local scanner programming and I've also seen them on Ebay.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Anyone know of a local company that can program my scanner? San Lorenzo Ca. 94580. I guess they changed the local scanner codes and I don't get Alameda county dispatch.

I hope I don't need to buy a different scanner now.

What is a keyword for local search for radio programming... thanks

It looks like they moved to this system...

East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCS) Trunking System, Multiple, California - Scanner Frequencies

Which would require a P25 trunking capable scanner.

oorefluxoo

Looks like I'll have to buy a new scanner, and suggestions???

Portable & Hopefully under 200$

Maybe one that will be of some use for a couple years!

Thank You in advanced!

N8IAA

Looks like I'll have to buy a new scanner, and suggestions???

Portable & Hopefully under 200$

Maybe one that will be of some use for a couple years!

Thank You in advanced!

What not to get is the Pro-96, because it won't track the 700MHz frequencies on the system. You'll need either a Pro-106, or a Uniden BCD-396T/XT.
Under $200 is not going to be easy. Check some of the prices in the RR For Sale forum.
Also, noting the 700MHz frequencies, they may change at sometime in the future to Phase II. So, keep that in mind.
You may want to ask the moderators to move these posts to the appropriate CA forum. You can do that by clicking on the red and white triangle above your join date.
HTH,
Larry

oorefluxoo

Wow!!! eBay prices for a scanner, P25, phase 1&2??? I have no clue what that stuff actually means.. Running about 250-650$$... That just took all the fun out of it. Doesn't seem like I'll be getting one anytime soon. That's just horrible I have to say for the record. ...

N8IAA

Wow!!! eBay prices for a scanner, P25, phase 1&2??? I have no clue what that stuff actually means.. Running about 250-650$$... That just took all the fun out of it. Doesn't seem like I'll be getting one anytime soon. That's just horrible I have to say for the record. ...

I absolutely agree. You may want to do some searching on SDR sticks here on RR. Plenty of ways to monitor without spending a terrible amount of money that doesn't guarantee that you will still be able to monitor what you like.
Just saying,
Larry

N8IAA

Oh, and that 164 is still great for monitoring VHF/UHF air, marine frequencies, railroads, etc.. So, while deciding what you want to do, enjoy the scanner you have.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.