LMRN General Discussion

Aviator747

Is Bearcom doing radio work for LMRN? I heard a call to Orillia for a tech doing a "how do you read me" test. I am not sure where the tech was.

gary123

BMR is the main technical service provider for LMRN. I have seen some local shops used for minor repairs such as mangled antennas damaged wires etc. I would suspect any RF hardware repairs past replacing an antenna or mic will be done through Bell.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Spectrum (now Bearcom) in Sarnia does services for FleetNet radios in Lambton County. Kelcom does it for Chatham-Kent/Essex County

mciupa

It's official. SW Ontario is encrypted. Wah-Wah!
I'm in Cobourg today and on 142.725 (a usual voice channel for Cobourg) it's broadcasting a P25 test tone on TG 1, RID 1. Might be worthwhile to keep on eye on Cobourg. Pontypool is only showing Sunderland and Whitby as neighbours.

Aviator747

This was on the Cornwall tower. I am assuming Ottawa CCAC as SD&G falls under that. The tech gave a couple of ambulance unit numbers. They were testing the rig & portable radios. I only heard MOH.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
The Pembroke site in Zone 2 went offline at 9pm last night and when I went to bed at 2am still wasn't online. There was no broadcast about it either, just poof . . . gone. No control channels, no voice traffic, nothing.
But, it's back on this morning.

Aviator747

For the towers that are broadcasting a test tone, how long have others noticed that this went on for? I imagine they are using it for Tx burn in and range checks?

gary123

For the towers that are broadcasting a test tone, how long have others noticed that this went on for? I imagine they are using it for Tx burn in and range checks?
This is basically the same process used for the 'Zone 1' sites. It just looks like they are doing it faster now that they have the procedure figured out and efficient.

Aviator747

Ottawa CCAC is alerting the tower is going down in a few minutes. Be sure to have your cell phones at all times. This is on the Cornwall tower.

Cornwall tower is now off.