• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Purchased APX CPS but not able to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy4418

Hopefully someone can help me out. I purchased the APX CPS (HKVN4289A) straight from Motorola under my MOL account. I received the email from the big M advising the software was ready for me to download in the MyView Portal. When I go to the MyView Portal, I am able to see my entitlement key in the overview tab, but under the software tab, the list is empty and a link to download the CPS is not there. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

speedy4418

That's what I will have to do. Was hoping someone had a quick fix, but I may have been a bit too optimistic.

speedy4418

I thought of that as well, but it is not showing up there either. Motorola started a case # so hopefully they will get it fixed soon, but who knows.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Had the exact same thing happen with XPR software. It took something like 12 different people among 3 or 4 different phone numbers they gave me, and over 3 weeks to finally get access. I still don't have access to all the firmware, but I don't care, I have given up. I'm happy having the CPS, and I just get the firmware elsewhere. I don't have another 3 weeks to waste with /\/\ to make sure everything is in there.

Oh yeah...and that is not to mention the additional 3 weeks it took to get my account re-configured because my account type had been discontinued in the system. So it was over 6 weeks before I finally had access to the software.

speedy4418

Sounds like I will definitely be giving them a call in a day or two. It's a shame to pay all that money, and then have to jump through so many hoops just to get what you paid for. I'm a /\/\ fan through and through, but it is disappointing to have to deal with all this.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Motorola is like the hot chick...she doesn't have to be desperate to get dates...guys (and gals) are lined up around the block to pay her way into the club, pay for the high dollar dinner, and she'll make you wait, ignore you at the table, text/talk/dance with other guys....Motorola doesn't have to work hard to get or keep customers.

MatRat80109

I still download the software from the old MOL, Motorola Online Login. Resource Center > Resource Center > Software > Two-Way > APD Family Portables and Mobiles. If the software does not show up here they have not completed the processing.

I would be interested in where it appears in MyView.

R/MR

speedy4418

The only other thing I can think of is the charge from /\/\ for the software is still pending on my bank account, so maybe I cannot download until the money clears.

Attachments

• 1589900028452.png
    1589900028452.png
    77.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 1589900189348.png
    1589900189348.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 32

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Motorola is like the hot chick...she doesn't have to be desperate to get dates...guys (and gals) are lined up around the block to pay her way into the club, pay for the high dollar dinner, and she'll make you wait, ignore you at the table, text/talk/dance with other guys....Motorola doesn't have to work hard to get or keep customers.
that is about the most accurate quote I have ever heard

kruser

Premium Subscriber
...Two-Way > APX Family ... Fixing a typo..

Looks like a ticket for me. None of the my paid CPS subscriptions show in MyView but are present in the old MOL. Thanks for the screen shot.

R/MR
That's how my CPS downloads are accessed as well. The odd thing was the fact the mine did show up in MyView for about a week before mysteriously disappearing from MyView. When that happened, all my available downloads showed up again in the old MOL.
I called them about it but they basically told me to just download it from the old MOL menu. Version updates do show up in the old MOL for me as well so who knows.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
So.......when the hell did this MyView stuff come into existence? Makes things WAY easier than my businessonline dashboard. Half my stuff is still missing, but at least it's easier to use. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

speedy4418

Just an update today.
After many online chat sessions and a couple of phone calls, the CPS is finally available for me to download in MyView.

Thanks for everyone's advise and previous experiences! I'm still new to alot of this radio stuff, so it's nice to have somewhere to go for some advise and knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.