San Francisco Public Safety going Digital June 2021

officer_415

Database Admin
I was passing through this morning and it looked like the SFFD robo dispatcher is now on TG 936. Can someone else confirm that this is the case, and it's no longer on TG 932?

footage

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing EMS calls out on TG 936 and FD on 932, but 932 is quiet the past few days. SFFD robo is also back on 60102. This can change from day to day.

anonymoose415

From what I have observed TG 936 seems to be so sort of testing. The dispatches, and station move up assignments were for units and stations that do not really exist. At least that is what I heard until I decided to lockout that TG about two days ago, maybe it has changed. I will have to take a listen again. TG 932 has dispatches that match the traffic on the the other fire and ems TG's.

officer_415

Database Admin
I was listening yesterday and most of the dispatches seemed to be on 936, with some simulcasted on 932. Nothing on 60102.

rustyhodge

I like to listen
Premium Subscriber
I ran a brief experiment today when setting up a new p25rx, and had it log everything on the CC and then checked for the most used encrypted channels, starting with the most frequently encrypted:

Code:
TG#.  Description
1030 DPT A1  Dept of Parking and Traffic A1 - PCO Dispatch
814 SFPD A6  Central (A) / Northern (E) / Park (F) Districts - Portables
806 SFPD A2  Southern (B) / Tenderloin (J) Districts - Portables
810 SFPD A4  Bayview (C) / Mission (D) Districts - Portables
996 SFSD A3 CJ3  County Jail 3
1018 SFSD A16 DSP  Patrol Dispatch/SF General
1042 SCOFF  Parking Scofflaws (also SFPD A15)
1044 TOW  Parking Tow Desk (also SFPD A16)
1040 DPT A6  Dept of Parking and Traffic A6 - Traffic Control Center
818 SFPD A8  Richmond (G) / Ingleside (H) / Taraval (I) Districts - Portables
1163 CCSF PD  Police Dispatch
828 SFPD A13  Station Service A B E F J
994 SFSD A2 CJ2  County Jail 2
808 SFPD A3  Bayview (C) / Mission (D) Districts - Mobiles
804 SFPD A1  Southern (B) / Tenderloin (J) Districts - Mobiles
I was surprised and amused that DPT has everything encrypted. I guess they don't want those freelance tow trucks rushing to tow cars? Actually I assume it's more a PII thing, because they're probably running plates all the time.

rooivalk

Curiously, the system was suffering massive failures with the portables in the field. They all had to be re-programmed as Motorola determined that most of them were operating out of spec, and the new system wasnt operating correctly with them. Every city portable has to be re-programmed.

rustyhodge

I like to listen
Premium Subscriber
Anyone else notice that the SFFD TG 932 & 936 Automated Dispatch seem to have lost their voices? I only see them key up with the tone and they hold the carrier, but there is no voice dispatch.
Yeh, still happening. Assuming they encrypted it? You can see lots of voiceless recordings at OpenMHz

anonymoose415

I don't think they are encrypted. At lease OP25 does not show that they are encrypted, just no voice. OP25 seems to be accurate in showing if a TG is encrypted or not. Such as on the unencrypted dispatch TG. The dispatcher's tranmision is in the clear, but if the officer responds , their response is shown as encrypted.

rustyhodge

I like to listen
Premium Subscriber
Related to all this, why isn't the SF Emergency Siren system working again? They were waiting on the encrypted system to roll out. It's been here for 2 years now.

SF can't afford a repeat of Lahaina.

rustyhodge

I like to listen
Premium Subscriber
Follow the money it leads to corruption.

I wonder who isn't getting paid off?

Just put a Unication pager in where the analog receiver was. Say $1000 a pager, maybe 100 sites, add another $2000 per site for "construction costs" and we're still talking $300k. So under 50 cents per resident. Of course, I forgot to include the bribes, permit fees, more bribes, community hearings, etc.

My city continues to disappoint.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure if it changed, but this video suggests it wasn't activated via the analog or digital trunked radio systems, but a separate analog conventional repeater, I believe in the VHF range.