Scan Cape Cod 6.0 - January 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
1. Are the feed PC's on the "other side" of the wall?
2. Is that a SB 24-bit Live USB Sound Card I see on top of the main PC tower?
3. Do you have any issues at all with your main scanners being a bit above eye level?
4. What do the vintage scanners monitor?
5. How much time do you spend in your shack? He He

1. PC's for the feeds are on the wall directly opposite, or directly behind me as I sit.
2. Yes, I use a few of them actually. Very decent for the $$.
3. Actually, the "main scanner" is the PSR-500 that is to my left on the Scanner Man Stand with the Motorola portables. The scanners on the shelf are for "specialty" purposes, IOW scanning specific types of communications, unattended monitoring/recording, etc. For example, the BC780XLT is dedicated entirely to aviation.
4. I'm still obtaining crystals for a few of them. They will monitor various specific services. For example the PRO-77A will monitor 8 active marine frequencies.
5. Enough to keep my marriage in good shape! That means spending time in it as well as out.

As far as the back side of the wall goes, it is really nothing impressive. I'm not one to tie down wires if I don't have to; it makes it easier to remove and replace them when necessary. Basically it's a bunch of hanging wires connected to power supplies and an antenna patch panel. Nothing pretty...in fact it's downright ugly...but it gets all the wiring out of the room, and it works.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
so tell me, do you do a little dance each time you walk into your office?

Why yes....just like this!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/stHUypwr-V4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/stHUypwr-V4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sfreiman

Premium Subscriber
I love your "Old School" scanners, especially the Regency 10 Channel unit. That was my first scanner way back in the 70's.

MOTOROLANUT

All I can say is WOW!! The bottom half with the screen looks like a mobile command center
The top is on of the nicest vintage bearcat collections I have ever seen AND THEY ARE STILL FUNCTIONAL!!!

A Huge Golf Clap for the Bearcat Museum!! Great Shack!!

Status
Not open for further replies.