Scanner Delay Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvatorejrc

I'm aware that there is a delay option on my sds100. What do the negative seconds options mean? For ex- there could be 3, 2, or 1 second delay time or the same but in negatives.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you read page 26 of the manual you will find the answer, really the manual is your friend

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
In other words a negative delay means the number of seconds you are willing to listen to a channel before going on. So a -5 delay means it will listen to the channel for 5 seconds and the resume scanning. (If there is something "juicy" going on, you can hit the Channel button and hold on the channel).

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In general, I do not use negative delay. However, one exception is Dallas Fire Rescue's automated Locution dispatch. Every now & then, 'Dispatch Debbie' goes off the deep end, and keeps dis[atching the same incident, with the same units assigned, multiple times. So, when she goes bonkers, negative delay tells the scanner to go find something else until 'Debbie' gets laryngitis.

Ubbe

I use negative delay with unattended search. When the scanner stops on a carrier it would be stuck there but with 10 sec negative delay it will record what is there and continue the search. I have to use large search ranges to have a cycle time of one minute so that a 10 sec stop on a carrier doesn't take up the majority of the search time.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.