Scanner Force Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Installed the new version. I could not get the 64-Bit to install and the 32 will open but crashes soon as I try to open a feed.
As far as 32 bit on 64 bit, that won't work because of the audio library I use. For the 64bit, are there error messages preventing you from installing it (if so, what do they say). If not, what happens when you install? Does it work if you uninstall the old version and then install new? How about with Administrator privileges?

Utah_Viper

As far as 32 bit on 64 bit, that won't work because of the audio library I use. For the 64bit, are there error messages preventing you from installing it (if so, what do they say). If not, what happens when you install? Does it work if you uninstall the old version and then install new? How about with Administrator privileges?

The .exe would open the zip application. Then I would run that and the installer would never launch

SCPD

QRT
Good news! So far, recording a stream is coming in this next release. I will have to do more research for an instant replay feature, but recording will be a go!

EDIT: This will also record feed tags!!
UPDATE: It seems the tags will only display the tags when it starts recording and doesn't update them. I will be working on this (probably won't be in next release).

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
v1.0.5 BETA:

Changes in this version add the ability to record feeds into a .mp3 file.

I don't plan on adding anymore features after this BETA build, so I will make the public beta key expire April 7th. Please make sure that you tell me any bugs that you find or anything that you don't think should be on the public release that isn't listed as "will-fix" below. I will be releasing v1.0.6 as a Pre-Release somewhere between March 15th - March 22nd and if all goes well, I can start talking about the final release details. These dates may change.

Will-Fix List:

• Change: The feeds list will be smaller or the main Scanner Force window will be bigger to accommodate a Powered by RadioReference section (as in the player).
  • The links on the main Scanner Force window called Make a shortcut, Add to Playlist, and Details will be removed and possibly implemented in future versions.

richtidd

Database Admin
v1.0.5 BETA:

I don't plan on adding anymore features after this BETA build, so I will make the public beta key expire April 7th. Please make sure that you tell me any bugs that you find or anything that you don't think should be on the public release that isn't listed as "will-fix" below. I will be releasing v1.0.6 as a Pre-Release somewhere between March 15th - March 22nd and if all goes well, I can start talking about the final release details. These dates may change.

Will-Fix List:

• Change: The feeds list will be smaller or the main Scanner Force window will be bigger to accommodate a Powered by RadioReference section (as in the player).
  • The links on the main Scanner Force window called Make a shortcut, Add to Playlist, and Details will be removed and possibly implemented in future versions.

This version is great.
Like the recording feature.
I note that the recording is at 128kbs.
This may be a bit high for a bit rate considering that the feed are 16-32kbs. Some feeds are at 54kbs due to there streamers.
Perhaps a bit rate of 64kbs may be better?
This allows for a smaller file & good recordings?

SCPD

QRT
I didn't catch that. I'll release v1.0.6 as another beta to fix that. I will default to 64 bits, but users can go higher or lower in settings. They will also be able to change the default sample rate from 44.1 kHz to higher or lower. Sounds like the next beta (v1.1.1) will need to separate settings into basic and advanced categories. I will also be looking into surround sound, but not sure what the outcome will be for that.

richtidd

Database Admin
I didn't catch that. I'll release v1.0.6 as another beta to fix that. I will default to 64 bits, but users can go higher or lower in settings. They will also be able to change the default sample rate from 44.1 kHz to higher or lower. Sounds like the next beta (v1.1.1) will need to separate settings into basic and advanced categories. I will also be looking into surround sound, but not sure what the outcome will be for that.

Thanks

richtidd

Database Admin
v1.0.5 BETA:

Will-Fix List:

Today Scanner Force v1.0.5 Beta will not load.

It wants a reg key.

I was using the beta reg key listed on the first post but now it does not work

Is there a newer re key?

SCPD

QRT
Sorry about that, I am in the process of migrating the site to a new server (and I didn't think about this until after I already started). I should have a new release out soon to fix the url's. Sorry about that!

richtidd

Database Admin
Sorry about that, I am in the process of migrating the site to a new server (and I didn't think about this until after I already started). I should have a new release out soon to fix the url's. Sorry about that!

No Problem.

Thanks for the info.

SCPD

QRT
v1.0.6 BETA:

Changes in this version add the ability to select the Bit-Rate and Sample-Rate in the settings when recording feeds into a .mp3 file. It also fixes the connection settings to send requests to the new server (previous versions will not work).

-- Repeat from previous Beta statement --
I don't plan on adding anymore features after this BETA build, so I will make the public beta key expire April 7th. Please make sure that you tell me any bugs that you find or anything that you don't think should be on the public release that isn't listed as "will-fix" below. I will be releasing v1.0.7 as a Pre-Release somewhere between March 15th - March 22nd and if all goes well, I can start talking about the final release details. These dates may change.

Will-Fix List:

richtidd

Database Admin
v1.0.6 BETA:

Changes in this version add the ability to select the Bit-Rate and Sample-Rate in the settings when recording feeds into a .mp3 file. It also fixes the connection settings to send requests to the new server (previous versions will not work).

-- Repeat from previous Beta statement --
I don't plan on adding anymore features after this BETA build, so I will make the public beta key expire April 7th. Please make sure that you tell me any bugs that you find or anything that you don't think should be on the public release that isn't listed as "will-fix" below. I will be releasing v1.0.7 as a Pre-Release somewhere between March 15th - March 22nd and if all goes well, I can start talking about the final release details. These dates may change.

Will-Fix List:

Do we get this from the link in the first posting & what about the key?

richtidd

Database Admin
It seams to be working well.

I check the balloon box but it does not show the balloon with tags.

I notice that record does not work on my work laptop but does work on a net book & home desktop computer.

The only difference I see is the work laptop does not have an internal mic so there is not the same mixer control as in the net book. The desktop has a sound blaster sound card with full mixer.

Would this be the reason why record does not work on the work laptop?

SCPD

QRT
Balloon with tags only works if the feed supports tags (if it does, let me know the Feed ID so I can test it). As far as the recording goes, I've noticed this on a work laptop and thought that the laptop just didn't have the needed windows updates (if it even does need some.. I need to find the requirements) I'll do some further research to find out.

SCPD

QRT
The extension I'm using for recording states the following for description

An extension that allows channels to be encoded using any command-line encoder with STDIN support (LAME/OGGENC/etc), or any ACM codec. Also features Shoutcast and Icecast stream sourcing, and PCM/WAV file writing. C/C++, Delphi, and Visual Basic APIs are included.

I have included LAME in the application directory and it should be using that. What error message are you getting?

richtidd

Database Admin
Balloon with tags only works if the feed supports tags (if it does, let me know the Feed ID so I can test it). As far as the recording goes, I've noticed this on a work laptop and thought that the laptop just didn't have the needed windows updates (if it even does need some.. I need to find the requirements) I'll do some further research to find out.

Yes it does work on feeds with tags.

No problem for me on the no record on my work laptop as do not record there but others may have the same situation. This laptop does have all the current updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.