Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
First time I notified you: I clicked on the link you supplied, clicked download - it downloaded, Norton scanned it and in lower right corner of screen I got a box with that message WS.Reputation.1, and it said it deleted the file.

This last time it downloaded - it downloaded Ok, and little box gave the message file needs attention, unproven reputation level.

thank you for your input let me know if it happens again in the mean time I will fill out a whitelisting request with Norton.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Something I am trying to figure out

When close call is active does the GLG command return anything when it gets a CC hit?

If it does I will add the option to save a simple text file log of all CC that occur. Hoping it returns the freq.

If anyone could give me a screen shot of the raw data window when a CC hit occurs it would be appreciated.

I have mine in CC mode and am waiting for a hit.

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Okay I was able to get a screen shot of a close call.

Part of the info passed back from the scanner says close call, so it would be easy to log just the close call hits.

Problem is when the scanner gets a close call it stays on it, until you interact with it. This is no good.

Is there a way to tell it to hit on a close call wait for x seconds and look for another one if not logging them would be pointless.

Attachments

• ScreenShot132.jpg
    ScreenShot132.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 205

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Question to end users

Would you rather the program have the option to log all activity to a txt file with comma separated values or just close call activity?

You could then use Excel or notepad to open the file and view it and search for stuff.

Give me some ideas

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I would like the program to dump everything it receives to a CSV (or even TSV) file. I am interested in more than close call hits.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Would you rather the program have the option to log all activity to a txt file with comma separated values or just close call activity?

You could then use Excel or notepad to open the file and view it and search for stuff.

Give me some ideas

I dont ever use close call, and logging would seem to me only useful in discovery or ID search modes. Either way, or both would be good. Whatever everyone wants. Im really trying hard not to have to learn how to use Excel, especially since I dont own it. The "other" software I own, is excel based, and I cant figure it out at all...but havent really tried. I just bought it for the virtual scanner control, not editing. I think I am the only one that actually likes Sentinal, after I figured out how to use it :)

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Vonski,

Question for you, I was looking over your code back on page one and saw the GLG commands to get the information off the 436/536. Would your program work with the STS ones? I have SR Pro and by using the STS commands here is what I came up with:

This information is what is displayed on the display of the BCD536HP

I would think the 436 is the same.

GLG commands do not show the UID but, the STS[14] does.

Trunking Data

??-------------------STS[1] = 0000100
Favorite QK Line-----STS[2] = F0:01******** 18:43 ¬*
SQK Line-------------STS[4] = S0:0--------- Mar12 P25
System Name----------STS[6] = Cortland County Trunked
Department/Site Name-STS[8] = Law Enforcement
Channel Name---------STS[10] = Cortland City Police
Service Type/TG#-----STS[12] = Law Dispatch TGID:6203
UID/Freq. Info.------STS[14] = UID:601003
???------------------STS[16] = 1
???------------------STS[17] = 0
???------------------STS[18] = 0

Conventional Data

Favorites QK Line----STS[2] = F0:01******** 19:23 ¬*
SQK Line-------------STS[4] = S0:0--------- Mar12
System Name----------STS[6] = Cortland Conventional
Department Name------STS[8] = Cortland County - Fire
Channel Name---------STS[10] = Fire Dispatch
Service Type/TG#-----STS[12] = Fire Dispatch
UID/Freq. Info.------STS[14] = 453.7375MHz Cortland Conve

I believe this is pulling directly from the display. Is there any way to get the UID into your program? Would be neat to actually mirror the display on the PC from the scanner. As when I checked multiple times when scanning, the FQK and SQK would show a blank in where it was.

Just a thought... I don't know how you would separate some of the things and the funky characters come from the bar strength for signal and for the NFM that is in the display after the 453.7375Mhz.. Actually it didn't paste it from notepad where I copied it to as it looked like chinese writing there after the Mhz....

I was going to try to take your early conde and change the GLG commands, but I do not know enough about this type of programming to even start on it.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Vonski,

Question for you, I was looking over your code back on page one and saw the GLG commands to get the information off the 436/536. Would your program work with the STS ones? I have SR Pro and by using the STS commands here is what I came up with:

This information is what is displayed on the display of the BCD536HP

I would think the 436 is the same.

GLG commands do not show the UID but, the STS[14] does.

Trunking Data

Favorite QK Line-----STS[2] = F0:01******** 18:43 ¬*
SQK Line-------------STS[4] = S0:0--------- Mar12 P25
System Name----------STS[6] = Cortland County Trunked
Department/Site Name-STS[8] = Law Enforcement
Channel Name---------STS[10] = Cortland City Police
Service Type/TG#-----STS[12] = Law Dispatch TGID:6203
UID/Freq. Info.------STS[14] = UID:601003

Conventional Data

Favorites QK Line----STS[2] = F0:01******** 19:23 ¬*
SQK Line-------------STS[4] = S0:0--------- Mar12
System Name----------STS[6] = Cortland Conventional
Department Name------STS[8] = Cortland County - Fire
Channel Name---------STS[10] = Fire Dispatch
Service Type/TG#-----STS[12] = Fire Dispatch
UID/Freq. Info.------STS[14] = 453.7375MHz Cortland Conve

I believe this is pulling directly from the display. Is there any way to get the UID into your program? Would be neat to actually mirror the display on the PC from the scanner. As when I checked multiple times when scanning, the FQK and SQK would show a blank in where it was.

Just a thought... I don't know how you would separate some of the things and the funky characters come from the bar strength for signal and for the NFM that is in the display after the 453.7375Mhz.. Actually it didn't paste it from notepad where I copied it to as it looked like chinese writing there after the Mhz....

I was going to try to take your early conde and change the GLG commands, but I do not know enough about this type of programming to even start on it.

Yes at some point I may do that.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Yes at some point I may do that.

Ok.. Sounds good :) as if I knew how to do something with the code, I would try it myself but I have no clue. I even downloaded the free pascal program but basically was lost at the word go... lol I can do some PHP, HTML and some BASIC programming from back in the day but never did get past much from that...

RJ

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I dont ever use close call, and logging would seem to me only useful in discovery or ID search modes. Either way, or both would be good. Whatever everyone wants. Im really trying hard not to have to learn how to use Excel, especially since I dont own it. The "other" software I own, is excel based, and I cant figure it out at all...but havent really tried. I just bought it for the virtual scanner control, not editing. I think I am the only one that actually likes Sentinal, after I figured out how to use it :)

I like Sentinal also, its easy to create favorites and add things to it. The log file it saves is text that is tab delimited so you can view it in notepad or your favorite text editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.