Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

I was thinking more like this (Log Views) Just using this as an example of a log layout. This is the log program from freescan.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 8.06.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-14 at 8.06.59 PM.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 247

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Im checking out the real time grid, but instead of putting new logs at the top, and rolling the older ones off the bottom, after it fills the screen, it just adds them to the bottom off the screen, and the scroll bar moves up (if I am doing it correctly). This means to read current info, I have to keep scrolling with the mouse.

Also, when I adjust the size of the fields in the window, the next log entry reverts them back to what they were.

Really long department names, keep making the window wider and wider, auto resizing the window after it was set.

PS: Not bi*ching, just making observations. If its supposed to work this way, no biggie :)

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Im checking out the real time grid, but instead of putting new logs at the top, and rolling the older ones off the bottom, after it fills the screen, it just adds them to the bottom off the screen, and the scroll bar moves up (if I am doing it correctly). This means to read current info, I have to keep scrolling with the mouse.

Also, when I adjust the size of the fields in the window, the next log entry reverts them back to what they were.

Really long department names, keep making the window wider and wider, auto resizing the window after it was set.

PS: Not bi*ching, just making observations. If its supposed to work this way, no biggie :)

I coded the grid in about 30 minutes.

I have it autosizing I will disable that and let the user choose the width.

The log does not auto scroll right now if it did it would be hard to look at the log while data is coming in.

I will make it more intelligent later.

Thanks for the info I will fix it real quick

Last edited:

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
No biggie. No way to put the new data on the top line, and move each previous line down one?

That is now my other program does it. Here is a screen shot in case you dont have it, and want to see how they have it laid out.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The following error showed up after about 30 lines of log were written to the logfile successfully.

Program continued to operate, without logging enabled.

System is Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

Attachments

• ss-error.jpg
    ss-error.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 235

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
The following error showed up after about 30 lines of log were written to the logfile successfully.

Program continued to operate, without logging enabled.

System is Win7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

Access denined is caused by a program locking the log file most of the time, excel is famous for this.

Did you view the log file with excel?

Jay911

Feed Provider
Access denined is caused by a program locking the log file most of the time, excel is famous for this.

Did you view the log file with excel?

I didn't touch the log file. The program was running on its own while I was in another entirely separate application which wouldn't have been even in the My Documents folder, let alone the Scanner Screen subfolder.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I didn't touch the log file. The program was running on its own while I was in another entirely separate application which wouldn't have been even in the My Documents folder, let alone the Scanner Screen subfolder.

That is very strange.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I checked the "Log Data" button again and so far things have been fine.. been running for about 45 minutes now.

The only thing I can think of is I started logging initially and went into a CPU-intensive program (a video game); maybe I took too many cycles away from the program.

Salvation

Premium Subscriber
Vonskie, how often do you query the scanner (GLG) to get data? I know you started at every 1 second.. Not sure if you have shortened that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Outstanding stuff! I was wondering, with the main window, there is a lot of real estate, could the "running log" be combined with the main screen to achieve a single "command type" screen?

Attachments

• Screen.jpg
    Screen.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Outstanding stuff! I was wondering, with the main window, there is a lot of real estate, could the "running log" be combined with the main screen to achieve a single "command type" screen?

I was thinking about doing that just need to think it through

Status
Not open for further replies.