Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New Mac Version .49 MAC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Jndzk4GdzJdnFYZ2R1UnJqcFU/edit?usp=sharing

Window stay on top caused the app to crash when dialog box appeared. So disabled window on top for now.

Try and let me know.

Installing from zip might be a little confusing.

Copy the folder ScannerScreen.app to the desktop or application folder.

Once its on the mac you will just see the app not the contents of the folder.

Tonight I will work on the app icon and putting it in a DMG to make it easier to install.

Please test it.

Last edited:

Salvation

Premium Subscriber
I can help you getting Lazarus running on the Mac now that I know how it is easy.

To me pascal is an easier language than Xcode. Like fancy basic

You can use Applescript with a Cocoa interface using Xcode as well.. I was trying to learn how to make a Mac app but I'm glad your willing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmaria

New Mac Version .49 MAC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Jndzk4GdzJdnFYZ2R1UnJqcFU/edit?usp=sharing

Window stay on top caused the app to crash when dialog box appeared. So disabled window on top for now.

Try and let me know.

Installing from zip might be a little confusing.

Copy the folder ScannerScreen.app to the desktop or application folder.

Once its on the mac you will just see the app not the contents of the folder.

Tonight I will work on the app icon and putting it in a DMG to make it easier to install.

Please test it.

This is what I get when I run the program. You can see the font spacing is off at the bottom, and the serial port is not listed in the pick list.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 5.19.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 5.19.00 PM.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 479

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
dmaria,

I ran into the same thing the first time I tried it.... Try this... Close Scanner Screen... Redo the serial port on your x36 scanner... Now start Scanner Screen.... On the device selection it comes up as /dev/tty.usbmodem3d11 or something of that nature... it is a usbmodem though on a Mac...

Von,

Been running here on my Mac Pro 3,1 on Mavericks without a glitch so far... Real-Time Log open also and it has been getting each one...

Also downloading Lazarus on the Mac as well... About the only thing that would be nice is to be able to have the UID come up but that doesn't show up with the GLG command... I will PM you in a bit as to getting Lazarus setup on the Mac side of things...

dmaria

dmaria,

I ran into the same thing the first time I tried it.... Try this... Close Scanner Screen... Redo the serial port on your x36 scanner... Now start Scanner Screen.... On the device selection it comes up as /dev/tty.usbmodem3d11 or something of that nature... it is a usbmodem though on a Mac...

Von,

Been running here on my Mac Pro 3,1 on Mavericks without a glitch so far... Real-Time Log open also and it has been getting each one...

Also downloading Lazarus on the Mac as well... About the only thing that would be nice is to be able to have the UID come up but that doesn't show up with the GLG command... I will PM you in a bit as to getting Lazarus setup on the Mac side of things...

Using 10.9.2 and I had to restart the program 3 times to recognize the serial port, but now I get this:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.14.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-18 at 7.14.25 PM.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 303

dmaria

did you turn off the scanner and turn it back on? I had to do that the first time

Did that and it is working now. Something must be sending a bad command to the serial port and you to have to reboot the scanner. Thanks.

dmaria

dmaria,

Von,

Using 10.9.2 and I had to restart the program 3 times to recognize the serial port, but now I get this:

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
If anybody gets the windows version running using an RS232 to USB adapter, please let me know. I just get a "Cant read Com port" error on both this and ARC.... since Upman said to use the GPS port for these programs, as I guess they cant fix the USB port.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
.50 Mac working fine on my Mac Pro 3,1 Mavericks... Only thing I noticed is when the screensaver activates, the text-to-speech quits... Not sure if that happens on the Windoze side of things or it is just a Mac thing...

As to those having problems trying to get the serial port going, I just downloaded the .50 version, mounted dmg, started program, put in usb cable and put in serial mode. No go, so restarted Scanner Screen and the serial port showed in list.. This was after doing the initial start up the first time and had to restart the scanner itself. But so far it has been working well. I don't have my iMac up and running right now... I have a few of them, so I can test on Leopard on an older system... Will try it out later this weekend on all the systems I have though...

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
.50 Mac working fine on my Mac Pro 3,1 Mavericks... Only thing I noticed is when the screensaver activates, the text-to-speech quits... Not sure if that happens on the Windoze side of things or it is just a Mac thing...

As to those having problems trying to get the serial port going, I just downloaded the .50 version, mounted dmg, started program, put in usb cable and put in serial mode. No go, so restarted Scanner Screen and the serial port showed in list.. This was after doing the initial start up the first time and had to restart the scanner itself. But so far it has been working well. I don't have my iMac up and running right now... I have a few of them, so I can test on Leopard on an older system... Will try it out later this weekend on all the systems I have though...

Does TTS crash when the screen saver kicks in?

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Von,

I don't think so as when I moved the mouse to bring it back it was still going and responding to the scanner. I just didn't hear the speech part as the scanner did stop a couple times when the screen saver was going.

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Idk. Lol. It could of kept going and I just didn't notice it also. Will check it more this weekend though. And will try it on some other OSX versions as I have a few different ones here to try it on.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
My experience with the somewhat buggy usb to serial ports on the 536 and 436 to get it communicating you have to normally restart the scanner. This connects everything and the device should show up for the program to read. The program only reads the ports when first starting. So after the ports are connected then you start the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.