Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Outstanding stuff! I was wondering, with the main window, there is a lot of real estate, could the "running log" be combined with the main screen to achieve a single "command type" screen?

In the main window you can increase your font height and make them much bigger for full screen viewing

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Since my new 536 has started its "mass storage" thing again, this is what I currently have to do while running your software.
Unplug USB
Plug in USB
Hit "." on scanner
Click settings and unhide
Click Connect to scanner
Click OK on load settings
Click hide on settings.

Is there any way, if the program is already running, and detects the scanner dropping off, to automatically reconnect to the currently selected port, and reload the saved settings if they exist, so all I would have to do is unplug the USB port and hit "." on the scanner?

alphaacres

Premium Subscriber
Since my new 536 has started its "mass storage" thing again, this is what I currently have to do while running your software.
Unplug USB
Plug in USB
Hit "." on scanner
Click Connect to scanner
Click hide on settings.

Is there any way, if the program is already running, and detects the scanner dropping off, to automatically reconnect to the currently selected port, and reload the saved settings if they exist, so all I would have to do is unplug the USB port and hit "." on the scanner?

Try turning scanner off then back on

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Unplug USB
Plug in USB
Hit "." on scanner
Click Connect to scanner
Click hide on settings.

I am hoping this march uniden gets this bug fixed. If it was working correctly it would not be an issue.

If they do not get it fixed in the next firmware release I am guessing It is a hardware problem.

mrkelso

The latest version is looking super!!! I wonder, what would it take for you to make the scanner screen show what it is doing in your program instead of the scanning or idle thing? Now That would be the cats butt to metric 6!!! :)

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Hey Von,

I see you managed to get something going on the Mac side.... I still am having problems with Lazarus so at the moment I have gave up on it as other things have taken priority at this time... But glad to see something for the Mac users... You know that you will open up a can of worms, to speak, as they will now want audio recording, programming etc in it... Not that it is a bad thing, but I think Uniden should support both platforms. Maybe with the app that is supposedly coming they will think about making a Mac version of their software, doubtful but hey you never know....

If you want me to check your program on my mac pro (2008 vintage) let me know.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
What I've read about the Uniden App is that it will only be supported on mobile devices, not desktop PC and Mac platforms! Correct me if I'm wrong, but seems the only software to do that wil be this one and the Butel stuff. Go Vonske!

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Hey Von,

I see you managed to get something going on the Mac side.... I still am having problems with Lazarus so at the moment I have gave up on it as other things have taken priority at this time... But glad to see something for the Mac users... You know that you will open up a can of worms, to speak, as they will now want audio recording, programming etc in it... Not that it is a bad thing, but I think Uniden should support both platforms. Maybe with the app that is supposedly coming they will think about making a Mac version of their software, doubtful but hey you never know....

Cool might have a beta Mac version ready for you tonight.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Hey Von,

Getting Lazarus working was a hair pulling experience on the Mac. They have excellent user forums though

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
chuck_e7,

Yeah I believe that is right. The app will be available for iOS and Android. But when they finally release that along with the documentation, I would expect that someone, either Von here or someone else will come up with PC/Mac app for the control like Uniden's app will have. As right now nothing is known to how the app will communicate with the 536 scanner. But right now Von is at least showing something and from what I can see, nobody else even is or is thinking about the Mac platform. Some have even came out and said that they will not make a Mac based application.

I just wished I knew more about programming or I would be looking into building something like Sentinel for the Mac. I do have XCode on my mac and have not done much with it right now. Guess I better start reading up and try a stab at it. Heck if I could even get a 'simple' program so you could program the scanner that would be something... LOL

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
Getting Lazarus working was a hair pulling experience on the Mac. They have excellent user forums though

What about Xcode? Is that any easier than Lazarus? I am going to start playing around with that some here when I get the time. But I will be ready to test out when you have it... Just PM me on it.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
We'll get there! I wish I knew programing too, I can only program network gear! We got a lot of smart folks out there though, so I guess when Uniden releases their code or even when the fix the bugs, it will start exploding..

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
What about Xcode? Is that any easier than Lazarus? I am going to start playing around with that some here when I get the time. But I will be ready to test out when you have it... Just PM me on it.

I can help you getting Lazarus running on the Mac now that I know how it is easy.

To me pascal is an easier language than Xcode. Like fancy basic

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
I can help you getting Lazarus running on the Mac now that I know how it is easy.

To me pascal is an easier language than Xcode. Like fancy basic

Ok... Might have to work on it... Will have to download it onto my Mac Pro and my iMac.. My Mac Pro has Mavericks on it and I think my iMac has Mountain Lion? on it so can check a couple different platforms for you if needed...

I remember some of the old Basic... Will have to brush up my skills and usually I can read what something is and sort of follow along with the code...

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
MAC VERSION OF SCANNER SCREEN IS HERE.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Jndzk4GdzJTFpmMkVwS09QS1k/edit?usp=sharing

UNZIP IT COPY THE APP FILE TO DESKTOP OR APPLICATIONS AND RUN.

It is a pretty big file as it contains all the debugger info for the test version.

Later versions will be much smaller.

Enjoy and report back the results.

Make sure you go to file / download from the top menu to get the entire zip file rather than just the individual files.

Later will package in dmg

Window stay on top may have problems have not tested with mac yet.

Last edited:

rjdj2000

Gone Cuckoo
Feed Provider
MAC VERSION OF SCANNER SCREEN IS HERE.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Jndzk4GdzJTFpmMkVwS09QS1k/edit?usp=sharing

UNZIP IT COPY THE APP FILE TO DESKTOP OR APPLICATIONS AND RUN.

It is a pretty big file as it contains all the debugger info for the test version.

Later versions will be much smaller.

Enjoy and report back the results.

Make sure you go to file / download from the top menu to get the entire zip file rather than just the individual files.

Later will package in dmg

Window stay on top may have problems have not tested with mac yet.

YAY!!! Will try it out later tonight Von as I am at work now and can't do anything but will try it out later on my Mac Pro and let you know how it goes....

Status
Not open for further replies.