Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Idk. Lol. It could of kept going and I just didn't notice it also. Will check it more this weekend though. And will try it on some other OSX versions as I have a few different ones here to try it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New Version .51 Mac
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Jndzk4GdzJakllWjJGeVZCcDQ/edit?usp=sharing

If TTS fails to load on mac it, disables the TTS group box and will not load the settings for TTS. Have not tested because I do not have a mac that does not have TTS.

The devices box is now read only and populates the list each time you click on it, that way if you get the scanner connected after the fact it will show up in the list once you reclick on it to find it.

Also Made time and date bold again.

Last edited:

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
If anybody gets the windows version running using an RS232 to USB adapter, please let me know. I just get a "Cant read Com port" error on both this and ARC.... since Upman said to use the GPS port for these programs, as I guess they cant fix the USB port.

See my previous post with a link. The port is default 4800Baud, you have to go into menu-location-GPS-Serial port. Set ur desired port speed, then start program. Make sure you have the right serial port, chk device manager first.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded both 51MAC and 52 MACI and both show on my screen far to the right, half off the screen. Tried to move it over to center but no luck. I must be doing something wrong.

Any ideas>

JBuff27

?

Send me a screen shot

What version of osx?

What happens when you try to move it?

What is your monitor resolution?

Anyone else have this issue?

Do you have dual monitors?

Last edited:

southernCTscan

Feed Provider
Vonskie,

Great work with this entire program, kudos to you and thank you for your efforts. I have used this for some time using Parallels on a Mac and have no issues. It also works well (for a time) with the new Mac version however I did experience the USB Storage issue and then that corrupted the sd card (a quick reformat fixes it). Just letting you know, not sure if this has happened to anybody else.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Currently the 536 USB serial interface is buggy on the scanner firmware. And it will drop to mass storage mode. Some users are using the GPS port on the back of the scanner for remote control and programs such as this. I have a 436 and it never drops to mass storage mode from serial although I have to restart the scanner to get serial mode working at times another bug with scanner firmware.

Give uniden time and I am sure they will iron out the bugs.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Vonskie,

Great work with this entire program, kudos to you and thank you for your efforts. I have used this for some time using Parallels on a Mac and have no issues. It also works well (for a time) with the new Mac version however I did experience the USB Storage issue and then that corrupted the sd card (a quick reformat fixes it). Just letting you know, not sure if this has happened to anybody else.

Your welcome

JBuff27

RE: Post 388

Just got back to read your Post 388.

Also I downloaded and ran 54 MACI and now got it to work and centered.

To answer your questions I am using OSX Version 10.6.8

Single monitor at 1024 X 640.

Could not move it.

A screen shot I am not able to get.

But 54 solved the problem

Thank you

JBuff27

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
RE: Post 388

Just got back to read your Post 388.

Also I downloaded and ran 54 MACI and now got it to work and centered.

To answer your questions I am using OSX Version 10.6.8

Single monitor at 1024 X 640.

Could not move it.

A screen shot I am not able to get.

But 54 solved the problem

Thank you

JBuff27

Glad it fixed the problem. I am also glad it runs on snow leopard. ( it was released I believe in 2009)

Hard to believe that was 5 yrs ago.

Oh does text to speech work on that version?

Happy scanning!

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Hey Vonske, you is busy! Have you looked at the possibility to combine the running log and the main screen? Tks.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Hey Vonske, you is busy! Have you looked at the possibility to combine the running log and the main screen? Tks.

Yes it's a question of if users want the log on the main screen or a separate window..

I like separate window as I run my main screen shrunk down and view the log when curious.

But if you run the main screen bigger then having the log on the main screen makes since.

A dockable form would be nice. Let me see if I can do that with lazarus / free pascal

Status
Not open for further replies.