Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Yes it's a question of if users want the log on the main screen or a separate window..

I like separate window as I run my main screen shrunk down and view the log when curious.

But if you run the main screen bigger then having the log on the main screen makes since.

A dockable form would be nice. Let me see if I can do that with lazarus / free pascal

Thanks! I was just thinking of all the other programs out there like SDR's and other scanner programs. I for one follow the rolling log because I'm sitting here with my fat butt right in front of the equipment and computer! (hahaha)

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
How do I look at the ports and assign it on an Imac either I forgot or never knew. Normally the Imac does everything for you. ?? Hmmmm??

When you click the devices drop down it will give you a list of all /dev/tty.* ports it finds. Normally it will say /dev/tty.usb something.

To get a list of all ports you can go to the console and type ls /dev/tty.*

Hope that helps

Salvation

Premium Subscriber
When you click the devices drop down it will give you a list of all /dev/tty.* ports it finds. Normally it will say /dev/tty.usb something.

Hope that helps

Should change it to /dev/cu.* instead.. Won't get confused with the ttyp terminals..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
You might notice that each serial device shows up twice in /dev, once as a tty.* and once as a cu.*. So, what's the difference? Well, TTY devices are for calling into UNIX systems, whereas CU (Call-Up) devices are for calling out from them (eg, modems). We want to call-out from our Mac, so /dev/cu.* is the correct device to use.

The technical difference is that /dev/tty.* devices will wait (or listen) for DCD (data-carrier-detect), eg, someone calling in, before responding. /dev/cu.* devices do not assert DCD, so they will always connect (respond or succeed) immediately.

i will test the program with cu and see what happens.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New version .55 MAC CU uses the CU devices thanks for the tip salvation

Took this version off line so I could test it first.

Have not tested it yet let me know if it works or not if not just use the 54 version above.

Happy Scanning!

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
So, future versions are going to be Mac only?

No there will be both the code is mostly portable. So changes in one can be moved to the other. Mac is the new one right now so it's getting the attention trying to get it optimized.

mrkelso

Hope that helps

Only two things come up in the drop down something DEV/modem and something Dev/bluetooth something or other. ???

Salvation

Premium Subscriber
Look for USB modem that should be it

Ever think of having the program do a probe to find the scanner? Just connect to each port and do an MDL and make sure it returns whatever models you are supporting and then autopick it. I would still leave an option to select a different port if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Ever think of having the program do a probe to find the scanner?

FreeSCAN works that way. When you connect your scanner to your PC and have FreeSCAN open and want to upload a file, you can query the COM port and when it finds your scanner it tells you what kind you have.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Only two things come up in the drop down something DEV/modem and something Dev/bluetooth something or other. ???

If your not getting a USB modem to show up for some reason your mac is not reading the serial port is it possible that parallels has taken control of it or maybe you need to restart you scanner

Not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.