Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

Got this error plus it is slow. I can't move the windows around except for an inch at a time.. This is my iMac with 32G of Memory on board..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 2.44.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 2.44.27 PM.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

mrkelso

Mr.Vonskie can you add a button to clear the opened log window also *** a button to save my window settings so that the next time i open a log window it remembers my size and position and lastly can you add a hit counter to each log entry so that it counts the hits instead of drawing a new log line.

FYI i love the voice option on this and have it tuned just right

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Got this error plus it is slow. I can't move the windows around except for an inch at a time.. This is my iMac with 32G of Memory on board..

Very strange, does the .config directory exist?

can you open that file in that path with a text editor?

The config directory is a hidden directory that the finder will not show by default.

you may have to open a console and cd to that directory then try and cat the ini file.

I have a few people using it on macs with no problems.

What version of OSX?

Are you using TTS when you are trying to resize the window TTS can slow the applications response down when it is busy doing TTS things.

When does that error occur what are the exact steps that replicate it and I will try to replicate it on my mac.

Also what version of Scanner Screen did this just pop up in the latest version>?

Thanks

Last edited:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Mr.Vonskie can you add a button to clear the opened log window also *** a button to save my window settings so that the next time i open a log window it remembers my size and position and lastly can you add a hit counter to each log entry so that it counts the hits instead of drawing a new log line.

FYI i love the voice option on this and have it tuned just right

Good ideas.

phask

Premium Subscriber

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
No joy w/ HP1 (so far) seems to get the 1st transmission, then locks up. Also if logging is one - nothing to screen and locks up.

If you wait awhile like 10 seconds does it return with an error?

Did you select the scanner as HP-1?

Last edited:

mrkelso

Very strange, does the .config directory exist?

can you open that file in that path with a text editor?

The config directory is a hidden directory that the finder will not show by default.

you may have to open a console and cd to that directory then try and cat the ini file.

I have a few people using it on macs with no problems.

What version of OSX?

Are you using TTS when you are trying to resize the window TTS can slow the applications response down when it is busy doing TTS things.

When does that error occur what are the exact steps that replicate it and I will try to replicate it on my mac.

Also what version of Scanner Screen did this just pop up in the latest version>?

Thanks

I tried looking for that file and don't find it
here is a screen shot of my machine info
Got the error when i opened the log screen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 4.10.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 4.10.21 PM.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 191

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
I tried looking for that file and don't find it
here is a screen shot of my machine info
Got the error when i opened the log screen.

Strange the Log screen code does not use that file.

Did this occur once or does it occur everytime?

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Just the one time so far

Are you using TTS is that when it slows down?

Is the real time event log very big? If it is slowing down when it does a insert when it is very big I can limit the event log history to less than its current 10,000 lines.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
PC. Both machines run Win7 Ultimate x64 but I have the ability to run XP in a VM.

Please test the latest windows version for the HP-1.

Make sure serial drivers are loaded and you have the correct com port and scanner models selected..

Thank you

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
If you did not see any errors it could be a problem with the Serial driver. Do you have the latest version loaded for the scanner and the right com port selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.