Scanner Screen software for 436 and 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Have you installed the serial driver for the HP-1? And confirmed the comm port sometimes it puts it on com port 20. Look at device manager once serial driver is installed.

Yes - been running the serial driver with ArcPatrol for a few years, tried the com port in device manager - this laptop has 4 ports, and actually lists each as different. Tried all 4 and reset baud rate each time.

No big deal , I just wanted to verify it with a HP1.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Yes - been running the serial driver with ArcPatrol for a few years, tried the com port in device manager - this laptop has 4 ports, and actually lists each as different. Tried all 4 and reset baud rate each time.

No big deal , I just wanted to verify it with a HP1.

Not sure does anyone else have a HP-1 to test it on?

Does the HP-1 support the GLG command?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Not sure does anyone else have a HP-1 to test it on?

Does the HP-1 support the GLG command?

Tried with my HomePatrol 1 with known working serial drivers, all that shows is "Data Error", "Reconnect to Scanner".

Works fine with BCD996XT.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Tried with my HomePatrol 1 with known working serial drivers, all that shows is "Data Error", "Reconnect to Scanner".

I second that. I tried the HP-1 just a minute ago and it says the same thing.

Hooked up the BCD436 and it shows everything on the screen but I have no audio coming out f the PC speakers. Just the 436.

lawman210

How do you use this on the computer? Bluetooth, wifi or cabl

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

davenlr

Premium Subscriber

I got that error when I first connected my 536HP, and it was because the serial port was still in use by another program. Maybe a reboot to clear things out?

lawman210

Oh I think I just bought a few of these to use with my garmin gps. Is that the cable you are referring to? If so just bought a few @14.99 is that a good price?

Dafe1er

How do you use this on the computer? Bluetooth, wifi or cabl

You need to download the serial drivers from here: BCD436HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

Open device manager on your PC and then plug the scanner in via USB. once plugged into the PC look at the device manager and double click the yellow caution sign and select to install drivers. Select the folder you saved the drivers in and it will install for you. Then open this program up and you should be in business brother!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I got that error when I first connected my 536HP, and it was because the serial port was still in use by another program. Maybe a reboot to clear things out?

Not the case here, Changed HomePatrol-1 to 6 different ports, same result on all.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
New version of the program .04 tries to remendy the TTS problem that some encounter on large amount of text.

<see latest post for URL>

Last edited by a moderator:

Dafe1er

New version of the program .04 tries to remendy the TTS problem that some encounter on large amount of text.

<see latest post for URL>

Just tried this run on the 436 and I still am hearing nothing through the PC just the scanner. Is this how it works? Giving us just a display and the ability to hear what channel is talking through Text to speech or is there something I have wrong here?

I also just tried it with the HP-1 again and it still will not connect to the program.

Thank you for doing this either way. I love new things to try out. Especially when they come at little to no cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
If you have a HP-1 and you get a data error, its because the HP-1 is sending back something it does not recognize. My guess is the HP-1 does not support the GLG command.

Vonskie

Premium Subscriber
Based on a technical document I found the HP-1 does not support the GLG command, the commands are different. I do not have one to test on nor do I plan on buying one for a free program.

If UPman wants to lend me one I will get it working with the free program.

Last edited:

Dafe1er

Based on a technical document I found the HP-1 does not support the GLG command, the commands are different. I do not have one to test on nor do I plan on buying one for a free program.

If UPman wants to lend me one I will get it working with the free program.

Now that is funny.

Can you confirm that we are able to or not able to hear the audio through the PC when running your program?

I find having the screen is nice but would like to hear it run through the PC. I can tell who I am normally listening to by the dispatcher on duty so the text to speech is a little null to me.

Thank you.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Sorry, still got it. I tried all values on the port up to 115mbs, run for abt 3mins, and dumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.