Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Having two ASRs comprising a P25 TRS for an area of more than 1 million residents is unusual as the Grade of Service would be sub-optimal and likely only able to support mobile coverage - unacceptable for fire service operations, but maybe OK for trash trucks. Unfortunately Canada doesn't publish the type of data that we can get from the US FCC (I did a 866-868 spectrum search for the area and it only showed what I *think* are commercial users,) so there is no way for me to verify remotely. Although the RRDB records 3 control channels for each site, your data only shows two control channels, indicating that you are not compiling a complete picture of your configuration and the target system. Try repeating my request by highlighting an actively received control channel indicating CONTROL and not one indicating TEARDOWN. I know what you want, but you have to provide complete and accurate data to aid in diagnosing your issues.

Clats97

Having two ASRs comprising a P25 TRS for an area of more than 1 million residents is unusual as the Grade of Service would be sub-optimal and likely only able to support mobile coverage - unacceptable for fire service operations, but maybe OK for trash trucks. Unfortunately Canada doesn't publish the type of data that we can get from the US FCC (I did a 866-868 spectrum search for the area and it only showed what I *think* are commercial users,) so there is no way for me to verify remotely. Although the RRDB records 3 control channels for each site, your data only shows two control channels, indicating that you are not compiling a complete picture of your configuration and the target system. Try repeating my request by highlighting an actively received control channel indicating CONTROL and not one indicating TEARDOWN. I know what you want, but you have to provide complete and accurate data to aid in diagnosing your issues.
If you look at site 1 you will see there's frequencies that have been cut off, there's 3 control channels on site 1 and 1 control channel with 2 alternates on site 2. And yes I did that - I highlighted "control" and took the screenshot. Are you saying I took a screenshot of the wrong thing or something?

Let me know cheers

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
1686923618555.png

Your scanning 1 system with 2 sites, same as I am doing. Looks like you have to much in the channels. You only need 2 sites. Each site needs all the control channels that are marked in red. Each site should only contain 3 freq each.

Site 1 freqs
1686923697740.png

Site 2 freqs
1686923727139.png

This is what mine looks like. 1 system, 2 sites, and only the channels known to be control and alternates.

1686923872955.png

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Your scanning 1 system with 2 sites, same as I am doing. Looks like you have to much in the channels. You only need 2 sites. Each site needs all the control channels that are marked in red. Each site should only contain 3 freq each.
Exactly & I tried explaining to the OP the easiest way to achieve this in post #6... :rolleyes:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
TEARDOWN according to the developer (which I think was already quoted in another thread) is "Teardown is the channel state between when the call is ended and either a)the channel gets reset for the next call, or b) the channel gets removed."

I need to see the Details tab when you are tuned to an active CONTROL channel and that channel is the highlighted channel (example in yellow, see below)
CONTROL.png

The Details output looks like this (taken from your prior screen shots)

Details.png

The above data is suspect because you highlighted a channel that was in TEARDOWN status - I'm not sure that the data can be trusted. It does indicate that only two control channels are configured for Site 2: 867.8375 (active and Primary) and 867.4625 (Secondary thus inactive). It also shows the current active control channel for Site 1: 866.9875.

Can I ask why you are positive that there are only two physical tower sites for this system? Is simulcast not allowed in Canada? Have you physically located or seen the transmit sites?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Can I ask why you are positive that there are only two physical tower sites for this system? Is simulcast not allowed in Canada? Have you physically located or seen the transmit sites?
Interesting topic. If post 10 is accurate, then no simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.