SDS100/SDS200: SDS100 Firmware 1.04.01M/1.01.05S Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Tested with 1.04.01 Main / 1.01.05 Sub. Still not tracking. FL location control is set to "No". I've been using ID Search mode most of the time, however, I've tried ID Scan as well with no luck. LCN 1 is the control channel for this log so you see 2-6 for voice.

Thanks for your time.

Quote from previous thread:

According to the logs, the scanner receives the control channel, and has decoded ID 291.
As I wrote before, for some reason the scanner seems to be unable to move to the voice channels.

There are 5 LCNs (1, 2, 4, 5, 6) in the logs.
Please try using:
ID Search mode
Location Control disabled
Please check the above.
For better help, tell us specifically what you are trying to scan.

According to the hpe file, the service types are Utilities and Business. Do you have these service types enabled?

ScanKent

Premium Subscriber
Unable to receive/track EDACS system

Well, I did miss the "Utilities" checkbox. So, all is working now. I want to apologize for wasting your time. I came from a BCD396XT so once I set them (long before I had the scanner in hand) after reading another post, I completely forgot about those settings. It is receiving better than the 396 so I am happy now. Analog, Conventional, P25, MPSCS have all been working good since the beginning. I am all set. Thanks for your time. And thanks for assisting in the forums here. No attachments this time... :)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it solved :), we should really compile a faq for common issues like these

troymail

Silent Key
Historically, service types not being enabled has almost become the first thing folks suggest checking when there are problems....

It still baffles me why all service types aren't enabled by default (other than possibly to improve full database scanning with a zip code).

Some of these issues are simply "self-inflicted" by factory default settings that many users are just not aware of - the latest being NAC filtering which started getting addressed in last week's (?) beta firmware.

Hit_Factor

Something broke nxdn.

I have 2 sds100s and I dropped one back to the 1.03.05. As soon as I did, it started receiving the system again.

I'm recording a log file now on the scanner with 1.04.x on it.

Will post that when I get home from work.

edit to add attachment.

Last edited:

Hit_Factor

Something broke nxdn.

I have 2 sds100s and I dropped one back to the 1.03.05. As soon as I did it started receiving the system again.

I'm recording a log file now on the scanner with 1.04.x on it.

Will post that when I get home from work.

Here is the log

Attachments

• log0031092.zip
    87 KB · Views: 11

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
It can (potentially) be a great feature - but full of pitfalls for new users, issues with the firmware and factory default settings, and bad data, it's more of a problem at this point.

the said pitfalls can be prevented by just leaving the Site NAC control to ignore, especially when using the full database, but even then the NAC is still displayed, eventually the databases will catch up

troymail

Silent Key
the said pitfalls can be prevented by just leaving the Site NAC control to ignore, especially when using the full database,

Yes - but that was recently added (if I am not mistaken) and novice users - those that are told all you have to do is enter a zip code - won't know that....
but even then the NAC is still displayed, eventually the databases will catch up

Maybe but there was even a recent post by Paul responding to a user that some systems, etc. are still listed as location 0/0 -- and how many years has that feature/function been there?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Yes - but that was recently added (if I am not mistaken) and novice users - those that are told all you have to do is enter a zip code - won't know that....

It’s default off when the Firmware is loaded - Yes this latest Version of the Firmware

anyway the issue is more on RR needing to catch up than Uniden having an issue, hell for a Unication you need a bunch more site info than a NAC, ran into that with WACN's missing on some systems (They are not Always BEE00)

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The location 0/0 was not from the main dB, it was from the user's FL.

Hit factor: need more information. See my first post. Which system? Can you include the hpe?

troymail

Silent Key
The location 0/0 was not from the main dB, it was from the user's FL.
My point is simply that there is always going to be "bad data" (or even unexpected data like large or small circles/ranges) in the database - some more impactful than others. Some of the default use of that data conflicts with the concept of novice users using simple zip code programming and then wondering why things don't work.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
On the whole, location based scanning is far superior to any other method for scan selection. And, it will only get better over time. Watch for new features in RRDB in the not-too-distant future related to this.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
On the whole, location based scanning is far superior to any other method for scan selection. And, it will only get better over time. Watch for new features in RRDB in the not-too-distant future related to this.

I use it everyday

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
My point is simply that there is always going to be "bad data" (or even unexpected data like large or small circles/ranges) in the database - some more impactful than others. Some of the default use of that data conflicts with the concept of novice users using simple zip code programming and then wondering why things don't work.

So what's your solution

Jason WX4JCW
XPR7550 - SDS100

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your rule 11 applies, but from my side. need an alternate contact.

K8HIT

One thing that jumps out (but probably not a big factor if it scans with one version but not the other) is that Site 2 is missing a freq (the first one on the license). And, of course, is missing some LCNs.

Ensure that the applicable service types are enabled, as well (something that is part of a profile, not the FL, so can't see in an hpe).

What were you scanning to make the log? Preferably it would be the least needed to exhibit the issue (i.e. one site only).

Status
Not open for further replies.